Siegfried and Roy/Blood issue

by DevonMcBride 10 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Roy Horn, from Siegfried and Roy, has lost a lot of blood. No doubt the doctors administered blood transfusions to keep him alive. He is not out of the woods yet, but had he been a Jehovah's Witness, he surely would be dead.

Just my thoughts,

Devon

• Gopher
    Gopher
    had he been a Jehovah's Witness, he surely would be dead.

Technically, this is true.

Also if he was a JW --

1) He would have been counselled for excessive risk-taking with his "tame the lion" circus act

2) Would he have been taken aside and been quizzed about possible homosexual tendencies?

3) He probably would have the belief that you can wait until the "new order" to have pet lions, just like they show in the nicey-nicey Paradise pictures in the WTS literature.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I believe Siegfried and Roy are "special" friends

I think one of them is gay, probably Roy. I remember a People magazine article about them a few years, ago showing one of them having a wife. But maybe it was a "cover".

I just heard on the news that Roy has some paralysis. The doctors aren't giving a lot of information.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim
    I believe Siegfried and Roy are "special" friends.

For whatever this is worth:

Full Names: Siegfried Fischbacher and Roy Uwe Ludwig Horn
    Fun Facts:
    -- They have their own IMAX movie, "The Magic Box."
    -- They appeared as themselves in "National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation."
    -- The acronym SARMOTI, used repeatedly in their show, means "Siegfried and Roy, Masters of the Impossible."
    Quote: "If you are German and come to Las Vegas and don't see 'Siegfried & Roy,' they will put you in jail!" (Siegfried)

"Magic won't work in Las Vegas." That's what Siegfried and Roy were told when they first arrived on the then-seedy Vegas Strip. Who knew their large-scale illusion show would eventually become the biggest act in town? Viva Las Vegas!

Recently named "Magicians of the Century" by their magical colleagues, Siegfried and Roy are living the good life. According to the Forbes Celebrity100 List, they are the 9th-highest-paid celebrities in the country, coming in just behind Steven Spielberg, at $50 million in 2000. (They say they're embarrassed about the price of tickets to their show -- upwards of $100.00per person.)

Siegfried and Roy met almost 40 years ago on a German cruise ship. Roy was with his cheetah. Siegfried, who already had an interest in magic, asked Roy if he could make the animal disappear. The rest was magic.

The two men talk freely about their longtime partnership, and though the words "hot and heavy gay lovers" are never used, sexual innuendo still runs high. Some interviewers report that the pair are spending less and less time together outside of work, keeping separate residences.

Although their show is still a major draw in Las Vegas, tragedy recently struck the duo, putting the future of the act on hold. During a recent performance, Roy Horn was attacked by one of the show's signature white tigers, and the performer is currently in critical condition at a Las Vegas hospital. While Siegfried and Roy's manager told reporters that doctors were "cautiously optimistic" about Horn's condition, the Los Angeles Times reported Horn's condition as "grim."

Siegfried appears hopeful that his comrade will recover. "For more than four decades, I have had the great privilege of standing at the side of this remarkable man, and I will continue to do so during this very challenging time."

Source: http://www.planetout.com/pno/entertainment/starstruck/feature/splash.html?sernum=156

• gumby
    gumby
    but had he been a Jehovah's Witness, he surely would be dead

Yeah....but he would have died faithfull..... and when he was raised up again in the ressurection.......he wouldn't ever have to worry about being attacked ever again..........but he would be out of a job too.

Gumby

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

MY GOD, I told my husband the same thing on Sunday. If he'd been a JW, he would be dead. The reason why I said that. Years ago elder father told me he met a guy from Vegas and said that Siegfried and Roy used to take the magazines from him!!!

• shamus
    shamus

They are an elders dream....

They could be counselled for hours and hours...

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I believe they are very special friends. They have been living together in the same house since coming to Vegas. And they have been together longer than the average married (male/female) couple.

• shamus
    shamus

Translation: Homosexual, not that I give a rats ass.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I read yesterday that they are a long time gay couple. So, I stand corrected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit