"Wicked System?" Which one? Why?

by robhic 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• robhic
    robhic

I keep hearing about the so-called "wicked sytem of things" and how it is gonna end "soon." (Whenever that may be...) Just what system is gonna end? Democracy? Autocracy? Monarchy? Muslim? Baptist? Catholic? What system?! I'm sure when I pose the question, that I will be given the blanket answer of "man's system." Is that the conditioned response?

OK, if that's the case and all of the "systems" of this entire world are man-made and also wicked in some way, then how can only one religion be the true religion? Aren't all religions, by nature of being made by men also, under the same rules of the same man-made system? How do they differentiate? I guess I'll hear about the scrutiny the WTS was put under by jehover back in 1914 or 1919.

And what is so wicked? Granted, the world is not perfect nor is any one "system" the best for everyone but damn, in the US it seems the JWs should be awfully glad for this system. If not for the freedom of religion, JW would never have been invented. Nor would the black JWs who come to my door have been allowed to do so 30-40 years ago or had such free access to any and all neighborhoods like today. And they'd be traveling in buggies instead of cars. Their KH would probably have been segregated and they wouldn't be able to have and use the modern conveniences that are commonplace.

C'mon, what's so damn wicked about progress? I plan to inquire of this when my sometimes/former/maybe girlfriend the JW makes that general statement to me again. What is so bad about the pretty good life she is able to lead in today's world. I wanna know!

Robert

• sens
    sens

That dog is so freaking me out right now...

lol

• robhic
    robhic

Sens says:

That dog is so freaking me out right now...

lol

Isn't that the creepiest thing you've seen? I found it a while ago (don't remember where) and have enjoyed using it for different reasons. I guess that's just another sign of the "end of the wicked system." Dogs and men mating...

Robert

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

I keep hearing about the so-called "wicked sytem of things" and how it is gonna end "soon."

Myx: You know that's one of the phrases that I have a physiological reaction (basically, I nearly start convulsing, twitch twitch)

It's the most idiotic sounding thing..

and there's this Jehovah's Witness gentleman who moved in around my area,

and he had stopped by the house before, so he knew my face (for a brief few seconds til my Mum pointed them graciously out the door!)

well, I go for a walk on our road,

and he's driving by and sees me and stops, and I swear not 10 seconds into speaking to me does he look at me with that "knowing" look very seriously and say

"You know, it's very near to the end of this wicked system of things"

arrrrghhh twitch! splutter! but I held my peace (i physically restrained myself from spitting on his car) and put my hand on my chin and bobbed my head up and down 'yup yup'

I hear it's soon? Sometime with in this generation?

Myxomatosis

• blaid
    blaid

heh, figures, the JW dubs dont know as much as they think they do. 'mens system' could be anyt of a dozen things, im not sure what they refer to. Oh well, time to keep fading from them, bwhahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit