Anyone from Cathcart congregation!

by R1001 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• R1001
    R1001

Hey everyone, just joined this. anyone here from Cathcart congregation or any others in Glasgow? Left there 3 years ago when i was 17.

hope everyones having a lovely night :)

• cofty
    cofty

Hello R1001 welcome to the forum.

So how were things in Cathcart before you left? I knew a few from there back in the 80s. The Greenlees family were well known. They had a chain of shoe shops and a relative on the Governing Body who became notorious as a sexual predator. If I remember rightly my pioneer school was in Cathcart.

I used to go to Langside College near that side of Glasgow. I grew up in Coatbridge congregation.

• R1001
    R1001
    thanks :) things were alright, no juicy goss. Oh... i knew ian greenlees before he died.
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Welcome, I am in the U.S., but I have family in Scotland. Beautiful country. Glad you made it out!

• Number 6
    Number 6

Not Cathcart or Glasgow but East Kilbride. The Whitehills Cong as it was then, no idea how many there are now, there were 3 in EK when i left. Been gone since late '90 so no idea who the movers and players are now in the Glasgow area.

Still nice to see people in Scotland waking up to the Watchtower and leaving.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

There used to be a whole crowd on here from Glasgow but they seem to have moved on, from Rutherglen, Anniesland, and Bishopbriggs, if I remember correctly. Don’t remember Cathcart being mentioned.

• waton
    waton

The tartans and kilts are coming out of the woodworks. great

met Leo Greenlees, but remember the name not because of the shoes, but the quality tools.

• Wardo
    Wardo

Yes, there’s a few PIMO in Cathcart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit