Praying for apostates

by BubbaBoBobBrain 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BubbaBoBobBrain
    BubbaBoBobBrain

I had heard that Jehovah's witnesses cannot pray for disfellowshipped individuals or apostates. Is this true?

• Splash
    Splash

CAN YOU PRAY FOR DISFELLOWSHIPPED ONES?

No - w71 6/15 p. 384 Questions From Readers

Would it be proper to pray for him? In loyalty to Jehovah and his arrangements the Christian would refrain from praying for him.

Only if it's not a 'deadly' sin - w79 10/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers

So he may conclude that it seems she has not committed 'deadly sin' and he may be moved to pray for her.

Only if they are repentant - w01 10/1 p. 17 par. 15 How Can You Help a "Prodigal" Child?

If a disfellowshipped youth gives evidence of repentance but does not have "freeness of speech toward God," the parents might pray that if God finds a basis for pardoning the child's error, that His will be done.

Yes, but not publicly - w01 12/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers

While some may be in a position to observe sufficient evidence to believe that the sinner has repented, this may not be the case with the congregation in general. They would be puzzled, troubled, even stumbled if they were to hear someone praying publicly about the erring one. For this reason, those who feel moved to pray about the sinner should do so only in private.

Not if they are unrepentant - jr (2013) chap.11 p.139 par.20 "Shepherds in Agreement With My Heart"

In that case, elders do not pray publicly for one who is expelled and is pursuing a sinful course; it would be pointless to do so.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

It is.
    There was a sister in my hall who we were close with. She had 5 kids that we all loved.

Her oldest girl still an older teen got DF (for f#ucking around of course).

My wife told her that she was praying for her (the girl) and the mother got offended that you cant pray for her and that she never does (though she is for sure a loving great mom).

My wife told her "you don't think god wants to hear that you as her mother wants her to return?"

JWs are so fearful and bizarre. It was so sad.

• BubbaBoBobBrain
    BubbaBoBobBrain

Thank you for the references!

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

I have never seen a religion have so much control over how members pray. Can’t have an unbeliever pray for you, don’t say amen if an unbeliever prays in your presence, don’t pray over a householder in service, don’t pray for a disfellowshipped one

im so glad the GB is inspired enough to provide all this “insight” that god forgot to put in the Bible

• blownaway
    blownaway

Nothing fails like prayer

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    I had heard that Jehovah's witnesses cannot pray for disfellowshipped individuals or apostates. Is this true?

Ask the JWs about it.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

JW's know that Matthew 12:32 shows that there is only one unforgivable sin - sinning against the holy spirit. Also that the scriptures reveal all judging is to be done by Christ Jesus - John 5:28,29; Acts 10:42 &17:31, Romans 14:9; 2 Cor. 5:10; 2 Tim. 4:1; 1 Pet. 4:5; Rev. 11:18; & Rev. 20:12.

Implicitly, JW's are doing Jesus' judging for him, by saying that all the billions on earth who refuse to join their religious denomination must have committed the unforgivable sin, and therefore will be destroyed forever at Armageddon! Why did Jesus et al forget to mention this little point about membership of the WTBTS?

• tiki
    tiki

But its just hunky dory to pray for the destruction of billions of innocent men, women and children....well...not all are "innocent"...there are enough evil characters out there...but seriously....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit