To my ex-JW former friend

by CruithneLaLuna 3 Replies latest social relationships

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

The person to whom this is directed, to my knowledge, does not frequent this forum, and very few of you, if any, will have an inkling who it is, much less anything about the specifics of the situation to which I refer. I feel I have to say something, for personal "therapeutic" reasons, yet actually attempting to communicate with the other party can only arouse discomfort at best, acrimony at worst. Therefore, in the words of the old King Crimson song,

I talk to the wind. / My words are all carried away. / The wind does not hear. / The wind cannot hear.

And here are the words I have for "the wind:"

I'm sorry you had to disfellowship me. It's sad but true that loyalty to stupidity often wins out over our humanity.

Cruithne

• franklin J
    franklin J

spoken from one who "fell away", it must be very hard to know that they disfellowshipped you. The rejection can be devastating. Can you make some new friends? That would help you immeasurably. Do you have any friends on the outside that you can start with?

I think this website can be useful to you. They are all so supportive.

• CruithneLaLuna
    CruithneLaLuna

My posts concerns an individual who no longer communicates with me, over issues that have nothing to do with religion. (Our religious / spiritual views are very compatible, in fact.) I just don't agree with ending a friendship and effectively shunning someone for reasons that "aren't good enough," from my perspective. This person spent MONTHS wearing down my resistance and "snuggling up to me," cementing a very close relationship, and then abruptly announced that it had all been a "mistake," and found reasons to no longer have anything to do with me. (Personal email is not rewarded with any response.) While to an extent I "understand," apparently I am finding it hard to deal with. There is a part of me that says, "This is just the way it is, and is going to be, so get used to it." There are also little outraged, hurt, angry parts, that I am not sure what to do about. I'd like to just dismiss them (send them to heck without passing Go or collecting $200), but the problem doesn't seem ot have such a simple solution.

Cruithne

• avengers
    avengers
    but the problem doesn't seem ot have such a simple solution.

To this many will be able to relate.
    It probably won't help you and it's a typical cliche, but I have to say it.
    You are not alone in this!!

First off. Things never stay the same.
    When I was "getting out", say in the nineties, I had no notion of a support group.
    Totally on my own. The friends I had for more than 20 years all of a sudden were poof,,, gone. I was having a real hard time. When you're super depressed the last you want is be kicked down even more. It makes you realize even more though what kind of trap you've been in all those years.
    Me personally, when I was in the troof I used to have these bad depressions, but after I started "getting out", I found to my surprise the depressions started to decrease.

Times sometimes are hard, but what the hell, guess that's the pricetag on freedom. Cheer up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit