The Great October 2016 Invite to the Sunday Meeting campaign ...

by freddo 44 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

Keep 'em coming guys and gals! All very encouraging!

Especially as we are talking different countries with the same low results.

• blondie
    blondie

We drive by a KH with 3 congregations. We count the cars on Sunday and know that none have over 100 attendees. The morning one is best attended despite the rotation of times. The lowest is always the 3 one on Sunday.

So it appears to me based on posts here, time would be best calling missing jws and inviting them to the meetings. Only twice in 10 years at one congregation did someone come based on a cold invitation.

• freddo
    freddo

4 weeks in and it's

1. 45 plus 12 on phone

2. 55 plus 10

3. 52 plus 8

4. Assembly Day

5. Tell you soon.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Is this why the elduurrs have been trying to contact the wife and I recently? We have had two phone calls, a letter in the door and a stealth stop by while we were not home.

What a bunch of weirdos.

• prologos
    prologos

the only way to get the attendance up would be to serve the wine and bread weekly and have every one partake (as it should be, as written in the bible) . the weekly attendance figures were the lowest in years here.

• millie210
    millie210

Interesting that they only count the ones who listen live and dont want to count the ones who listen later.

At first glance, that might look like they are trying to be more accurate.

In reality, I think they are embarrassed about how low the numbers are (and the general lack of interest) and dont WANT those numbers being looked at.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We haven't been for years, but yesterday two JW's and a couple of kids were passing our house, and as we were right there by the gate, they stopped to talk.

Lots of pleasant small talk about people we once knew, not one mention of the Meetings, or of religion. Nice.

As we were driving along today (Sunday) to go to the shop, Mrs Phizzy said " Do you remember when we used to be driving to the Meeting and we would get that sinking feeling because they were sooooooooooo boring ? it was just the same old, same old wasn't it ?".

I replied " Yea just "do more, give more" ".

That is why attendance is so low.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Is this effort to invite people for a limited time only (just October) or is it indefinite?

• skin
    skin

And don't forget. The WT study 2 weeks ago informed us that they need more brothers stepping in to take the lead due to the increasing numbers coming to meetings.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Wow, the few JW friends I have did not invite ME to any such meetings.. Ha!

They must know it's a lost cause since I have told them, more than once, that the JW religion is looking for money and women to do favors. End of story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit