Old news story, machete NOLA airport killer

by nonjwspouse 3 Replies latest watchtower medical

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

So, I stumbled across this story this morning.

This guy, Richard White, a mild mannered meek JW, went on a killing rampage in the NOLA airport.

Interestingly, he had been in the hospital two days before with a low blood platelet count, meaning oxygen was being deprived to his brain since he refused a transfusion therapy for his Hon Hodgkin's lymphoma. He also began feeling paranoid that "people" were out to get him.

So, maybe due to his JW blood refusing beliefs, and continually reinforced fear in the KH of the evil "worldly people " out to get him, he was having a mental breakdown.

This JW connection can very strongly explain the mental breakdown and extreme behavior.

I find it interesting his sister is so adamant in the video that it is a fault of the government not providing enough support for him as a veteran. It seems he was doing just fine with the help he had been receiving, according to her, until this recent behavior.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news/new-orleans/family-says-mental-illness-drove-richard-white-to-storm-airport-with-a-machete/31967756

• Simon
    Simon

So she thinks it's the government's fault if he doesn't get something ... but no doubt it's nothing to do with the WTS if he doesn't get something due to following their edicts on medical treatment.

I think "mental health" is becoming the new excuse for everything. Of course on some level there is a mental problem when anyone does something crazy like attacking people but people chose what they feed their minds.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Simon, according to the report he was being treated all this time during the very same time she said he was a mild mannered, meek JW.

However, once the lack of oxygen created a wild, mind condition ( I saw this in my father when he was undiagnosed as bleeding internally, and platelet counts dangerously low, wild is a mild description.) This condition of lack of oxygen creating a psychosis, on top of the JW hammering in of the evil 'world" out to get him. Well..... I certainly can see a connection. He was dangerous with the JW persecution/paranoia mindset, on top of psychosis from lack of a proper blood transfusion, and also his history of mental health problems.

Time bomb

• Simon
    Simon

Sorry if I didn't explain that very well - yes, I believe there is a link.

I was just trying to contrast the family claiming the government policies were responsible for not providing what they say he needed but will no doubt claim no responsibility on behalf of the WTS who were more clearly and directly responsible for his treatment (no receiving something).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit