Beware!! They will get your kids!

by freedom96 7 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

This is really directed to those who have a believing mate still in the organization, or maybe an ex who still is involved, and have custody of your kids.

Be careful! The elders and those in the hall will pay extra attention to your kids. Afterall, they have a parent who is not active, or maybe you are df'd, or da'd. They will flock to your children, and make them feel extra special. They will tell your kids not to listen to you, for you will be dying at armageddon anyway.

They will praise your kids anytime that they do something that the congregation likes. When they go out in service, maybe they get baptized, or they give talks in the hall. They will pay extra attention to your kids, because they must combat the evil parent, who wants nothing to do with the "truth."

Kids are very impressionable, and they will like the extra attention. And when they do more of the witness stuff, the more they get praised. That is human nature. But those elders will create divisions, they will destruct the family unit at all cost, for after all, you are not a believer.

You better damn well be a stronger influence than these people from the hall. There the kids may have a 100 people praising them, and all condeming you. Especially difficult it will be if you do not live with your kids, or worse, at a distance.

Cults are very powerful, and they will get to your kids. One way or another. They will do everything they can to discredit everything that you are. Beware! Your kids can fall into their trap, and not even realize it.

Do I sound angry? Yes, I am. I will post more about it another time. I cannot do so now. Just watch out!!

• dmouse
    dmouse

You're damn right!

When I left the troof my kids were taken under the elder's wings - invited to all sorts of special gatherings and praised to high heaven, especially my son.

But I had educated them, in a generic sense, to recognise manipulative language and mind control techniques. They soon saw through the love-bombing and now two of my three children want nothing to do with the Witnesses. I'm hoping the third will follow suite eventually but the missus and Mother-in-law are working overtime to indoctrinate her.

But I think she's too smart a cookie to fall for it.

I may have won with the kids but the trouble is it has sent my wife over the deep end and now she won't even talk to me.

I hate these ba*****ds that split up families!

I hope you sort things out whatever has happened.

Regards,

Dean.

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

Those "Badstards that split up families" You hit the nail on the head. They are not the "Strong family Bond" group that they proport to be are they? My step son is presently in a confrontation with his JW father. Dad's argument goes something like this."If you don't worship the same God I do, and think like I do, and wear the same clothes I do, and do the same social activies that I do, then I will disown you and the children that you bring into this world. My own son, my own flesh and blood, "I will discard if you don't continue for the rest of your life to do exactly as I do." Is that sick or what.!! The only good thing about this is that the dumb witness Dad has now involved his non JW mother who is a quite upset about the whole thing, like how her son is treating her grandson and his family( wife and baby daughter). Its a long story but in the end it's a very "bad witnees for Jehoavah" Some consolation anyway!!

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

when I was a kid in the truth , they didnt give a shit because you see my mom was a single parent Struggling to make ends meet . Her service time wasn?t much and we wernt able to give very much . They didn?t even want to help us when my aunt committed suicide and we really needed help . They never showed me any concern even though I was a fatherless boy .

I am going to post my life story here soon .... it will stun you to find out just how much the dubs have effected my life in an adverse way ...... I feel like the woman on cops who?s husband is beating her but she is afraid of pressing charges because of retaliation from her wife beater wearing husband.

WTBTS sux

NwS

• Gopher
    Gopher
    But those elders will create divisions, they will destruct the family unit at all cost, for after all, you are not a believer.

This is a good point. JW leaders believe in the "institution of marriage" -- only when it suits their purpose. Get on their bad side, and they don't believe in the sanctity of your marriage so much anymore!

• FlowerPower
    FlowerPower

Hey new world slacker, I know what you mean about the congregation not taking an interest if you don't have alot to offer them. I was married already when they "got" me but my husband never fell for it.So I was essentially a single sister. I was sort of ignored by the "brothers". The only people that paid any attention to me or my kids were the other sisters. Whenever there was any kind of social event I was left out except for the dreaded baby showers!!
    Then I became a pioneer... now they took some interest in me. I was taking out the groups in the morning even asked to say the prayer for them if there was no "brother" present.(with a head covering on of course!!) That way the service overseer (a very proud arrogant man, who hated the door to door work, only went on return visits that we all gave to him) could sleep in or find other ways to slip out of the initial door to door stuff. He would meet up with the group at break and then we would do Rvs! It was amazing how he managed to skate on that. I was a pioneer for 9 years and never went door to door with him once!!
    They still have my oldest son who they made a ministerial servant at 21! He rarely speaks to me. I managed to salvage my younger son(18). He lives with us and is still baffled by all the witness stuff that I still cry over. I fight for my son, I try to make with contact him through email and he talks to me occassionally but it's usually not very pleasant. He rags me out regularly for leaving saying that he will never forgive me. It's been five years and I am starting to believe him.
    It really makes me sad how they put on the air to worldly people that they believe in building strong families. they fail to mention that you can't ever disagree or even think about leaving or your "strong" family will disown you!! Parents do it to their children, children to it to their parents. There is no such thing as unconditional love which should be the bedrock of what families are all about!!
    It just makes me crazy!!!
    Flower

• Gerard
    Gerard

Last August 2001, a court of Vermont said father is a sect member so could no longer raise his 9- and 11-year-old daughters as Jehovah's Witnesses or bring them to the group's meetings.

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/74/story_7431_1.html

• rocketman
    rocketman

Good link Gerard, thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit