“THE ‘GOVERNING BODY’ SHOW...!!” haha, I’ve used this expression twice now with Jdubs...

by Muddy Waters 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Hahaha, I’m so “brazen”, lol.

But we’ve had the JWs be pretty active in our territory recently, and I got to say this to them on two separate occasions, to three different borgites, lol! (It was a glorious moment for me, haha!)

They were trying to tell me about their wonderful website and TV broadcasting channel and I said, “Ah yes, THE ‘GOVERNING BODY’ SHOW!

(Pause for effect, timing... gauge reaction of audience...)

— And yes, there it was!! — That JW frown of disapproval, of knowing they’re hearing something “not quite right” and which is possibly disrespectful toward their dear GB leaders — but also possibly implanting a new thought or interpretation on how they could now view this TV channel or their dear leaders...

OMG, it was the best... to see that frown on their faces (ALL OF THEM REACTED THE SAME WAY!) and knowing that I could just “leave that there,” hanging in space, soaking into their brain (hopefully)!

... and possibly helping them to see that they are being led (perhaps astray?) by men, mere men, mere mortal men (“...do not put your trust in nobles nor in the son of earthling man who have no power of salvation...”) — men who constantly title themselves and glorify themselves — these Pharisee men with their doctrines and decrees, their new light and rules and threats and punishments... oooh, aaah! — the great governing body (or do we capitalize that now?) — *The Great Governing Body* — and their ‘GOVERNING BODY’ SHOW!!

— and haha, YES! — to have seen that frown on their face, to have witnessed their discomfort — perhaps they were hearing this expression for the first time — and yet there was *no response* from any of them, they all stood there, all ill at ease, all looking at me uncomfortably, and they could not, and did not respond to my comment!

💕

It is how I will always now refer their website and TV channel, haha.

THE ‘GOVERNING BODY’ SHOW!!”

💕

I think it’s subtle, crafty, and thought-provoking.... (cautious as serpents, gentle as doves)

I would like to think that I came up with this expression from my own originality, but I’m sure it’s out there. 😄

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

I love the term GOVERNING BODY SHOW well done.

Yes that will make them think, yeah they are on it a lot.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

An alternative name for the show was going to be " Liar Liar Pants on Fire "

http://images.memes.com/meme/1049620

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Love it, and gonna use it - as long as I ain't infringing your copyrights! :)

I'll bet they were all cringing. Wonderful.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The Watchtower Corporation is a commercialized false prophet , no question about it.

Taking money from people and turning them into their own public sales representatives is anti-Christian and crass exploitation by all measure.

• Tallon
    Tallon

Great post Muddy waters - will definitely use this description.

• carla
    carla

Love it! I am going to use that phrase if I get the chance.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

You would think they are the first people in history to create a website and videos by the way they bang on about it.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Governing Body Show.

Yes, I will use this for Sure when coming across any JW.

Also, whenever I bump upon any JW, I ask them if they are the "Watchtower Witnesses" subtly trying to implant the fact that they are serving the Watchtower.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Love it!
    The first thing I thought of when you said that, was "The Muppet Show"! The theme song came rushing into my mind: "Its time to put on make up, its time to start the show....."

I am sure someone can think of some more lines like that??

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5630456261246976/prof-bunsen-g-jackson-see-similarities-muppet-show

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit