Pray for all people, especially our leaders? That's what the bible says

by TTWSYF 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

From 1Timothy chapt 2

The First to Timothy

2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high positions,*+ so that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with complete godly devotion and seriousness.+ 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God,+ 4 whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved+ and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God,+ and one mediator+ between God and men,+ a man, Christ Jesus,+ 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all*+—this is what is to be witnessed to in its own due time. 7 For the purpose of this witness+ I was appointed a preacher and an apostle+—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations+ in the matter of faith and truth.

• venus
    venus

This is a clear statement that says Rulers are "God's servants" (Romans 13:7), not of Satan as JW teaching says.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

This scripture makes me wonder how a Jw does (or former Jw did) reconcile not voting. Pray for your leaders, but do nothing else? Don't vote or call or engage your leaders in any way?

Makes no sense, more like very dense.

The Truth Will Set You Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit