Yugoslavia bans import of JW's literature

by Gianluca 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hello,
    Here is some news on the JW's:

Belgrade: The Yugoslav Interior Ministry has banned the import of Jehovah's Witnesses literature, claiming it would have a negative influence on the education of children.

Source: BBC Monitoring European - Political
    Publication date: 2001-05-22

Text of report in English by Belgrade-based Radio B92 text web site on 22 May

The Belgrade-based Humanitarian Law Centre blew the whistle on the decision today, arguing it "violated the constitutional guarantees of freedom of expression and dissemination of information".

Publication date: 2001-05-22

Ciao
    Gianluca

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

So what!!! Plus, I assume that will ban the Beatles music too.

• LDH
    LDH

What with all the problems Yugoslavia's had over the past 10-12 years, they're still smart enough to figure this out ahead of US????

• larc
    larc

Fred,

Shame on you for even mentioning the Beatles. Don't you know that, that there kind of music should be banned? Rock and Roll is evil, and don't you ever forget it. I think you are becoming spiritually weak, brother Fred. First, bother Michael Jackson fell for the Devil's music and now you! I am very upset.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Beatles kicks butt !!!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

So, then, how many times were you kicked by the Beatles?
    (Sorry, Fred, you left yourself wide open & I just couldn't resist.)

• outnfree
    outnfree

Wide open Fredhall --

Not a pretty picture, Jim!

outnfree

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

ROTFLMAO, Outnfree!
    Perhaps one of our resident artistes would like to bless this board with just such an illustration....

• fodeja
    fodeja
    The Yugoslav Interior Ministry has banned the import of Jehovah's Witnesses literature, claiming it would have a negative influence on the education of children.

Bad idea. Very bad idea. First of all, things like this have been tried so many times before, and backfired every time. It'll raise curiosity and public attention and give the Witnesses yet another opportunity to pose as the poor victims of cruel persecution. The reason why the JWs are losing members and failing to recruit new ones all over Europe is not some kind of persecution, it's simply that people aren't interested and don't hear anything from them. I'm pretty sure that many people don't even know that the JWs still exist.

And no matter what one's opinion about the Watchtower may be, this is simply not the right thing to do for any country claiming to be a democracy! Which books are next on the "watchlist"?

f.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Gianluca,

thanks for the news.
    Hey, Fredhall...do you mind! Try to be more polite!

Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit