Transfer of Russian properties to NY

by lastmanstanding 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

I read somewhere that prior to Putin’s move, the governing blabber was in the process of transferring ownership of the Russian branch to NY.

Anyone got info on this?

• zeb
    zeb

It seems you are a bit late. I believe the Russian Govt has seized the wt properties in the Russian Fed.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Yes, thanks, I know this.

My point is, I recall something said about a plan, prior the seizure, where Watchtower was activity changing the ownership of the Russian branch into NY’s hands.

But it seems nobody has this info.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Yes lastmanstanding.

There is some info somewhere that I cannot locate at the moment.

My recollection is that the reason the russians seized the property was that transfers had taken place to attempt to protect the same from seizure.

I thought that was determined from the reading of court proceedings.

jtg

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Thanks Johnas

If anyone finds more, I’d be interested in hearing

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Just google 'russia seizes property' on this site

I cant do the link thing.

jtg

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Russian court upholds handover of Jehovah’s Witnesses' property to state

World May 03, 2018, 17:28 UTC+3
    The compound on the coast of the Gulf of Finland consists of plots of land, homes and buildings more than $13.9 million worth

© Evgeniy Yepanchintsev/TASS
    ST. PETERSBURG, May 3. /TASS/. The St. Petersburg city court has upheld the decision to confiscate from the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania in New York the compound in the community of Solnechnoye on the Gulf of Finland and convert it to state property, the St. Petersburg courts’ press service said on Thursday.
    READ ALSO
    Russian court turns properties of banned Jehovah’s Witnesses over to government

Jehovah's Witnesses appeal Russian decision on declaring them extremist organization

OSCE concerned over Russia’s declaring Jehovah’s Witnesses extremist organization

Everything you need to know about Jehovah’s Witnesses

Russia’s Supreme Court bans Jehovah’s Witnesses as extremist organization

Earlier, a court of lower instance found that officially the Administrative Center of Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia in 2000 donated the real estate compound on the coast of the Gulf of Finland to the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, registered on US territory. However, according to the courts’ press-service, the Administrative Center continued to use the facilities as before, which was a reason enough to declare the transaction fictitious and void. The property was taken over by the state.
    The compound consists of sixteen items - plots of land, homes and buildings more than 880 million rubles ($13.9 million) worth.
    Earlier, TASS reported that the defendants had disagreed with the lower instance court’s ruling and filed an appeal at the St. Petersburg city court. In particular, they argued that substantive law had been violated and anti-extremist law sanctions were used against them without a reason.
    Russia’s Supreme Court had declared Jehovah’s Witnesses an extremist organization and outlawed its activity in Russia.

More:
    http://tass.com/world/1002773

there ya go woohoo I did it!!!!!!!

jtg

• lastmanstanding

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit