what is the ontlogical trinity

by piledriver 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    Frankly I don't like your snotty tone.

and....?

Yes of course it is a contradiction

Thank you. In other words it's nonsense.

That is why I said the trinity was a concept

What does that mean?

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

It means that the trinity is an attempt to explain something which is contradictory. I said that 3 hours ago.

It is a mystery. It could also be wrong.

I can't see why you think that a being that existed in a totally different form to us and wasn't governed by our physical laws and of which there was nothing that we are aware of in our universe to compare it to, is an impossibility?

• cofty
    cofty
    It means that the trinity is an attempt to explain something which is contradictory

If somebody claims to believe two things that contradict each other we don't excuse it as a "mystery" we reject it as irrational nonsense.

Why do theologians think they get a free pass to contradict themselves and still be taken seriously?

a being that existed in a totally different form to us and wasn't governed by our physical laws...

It has nothing to do with physical laws. It is about humans making things up that contradict other things they already claim to believe and then hiding behind the word "mystery".

It is intellectually dishonest.

The men who made this up then had to spend centuries burning people at the stake who had the courage to call bullshit.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Do you accept that there are scriptures that indicate the deity of Christ? If you do, that would be the contradiction that believers were faced with. Jehovah of the OT with Jesus' claims in NT. The Jews rejected his claims, his followers accepted them. But there is the problem of reconciling the one God of the OT with Jesus and Holy Spirit in the NT.

But you already know that. And your conclusion is that it is polytheism. Fair enough!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Sorry but it's not intellectually dishonest. It is an attempt to explain something that we cannot explain.

But you appear to think that everything can be explained? And it is that that I find surprising.

• cofty
    cofty
    Do you accept that there are scriptures that indicate the deity of Christ?

Yes. I have said this twice on this thread. There is an evolution in the deification of Jesus from Paul ----> John

If you do, that would be the contradiction that believers were faced with.

Yes. But the texts in the bible that create the dilemma were the work of a community that had already abandoned monotheism in practice.

there is the problem of reconciling the one God of the OT with Jesus and Holy Spirit in the NT.

Early christians created the problem by deifying Jesus. They attempted to resolve it by sanctifying their contradiction.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If somebody claims to believe two things that contradict each other we don't excuse it as a "mystery" we reject it as irrational nonsense - maybe so, but people are allowed to believe two things that contradict each other. If somebody tried to push it on me or my family then that's bad. If they keep it to themselves then they're fairly harmless.

And if Christians are polytheists, so what? "Shirk" is allowed here. We're not in Islamic State ...

• cofty
    cofty
    Sorry but it's not intellectually dishonest. It is an attempt to explain something that we cannot explain

Of course it's dishonest. It's palpable nonsense and every christian knows it when they try to explain it. Thus the challenge I have set.

Christians broke their most basic law by deviating from monotheism and tried to cover it up with a formula nobody can explain. The texts in the bible that create the dilemma were the work of a community that had already abandoned monotheism in practice.

• piledriver
    piledriver

I know there for i am right ( crap ) who can be three beings at one time just like every one else knows they are also right one God what ever name mankind whant to call him Her meaning the allmighty might be a woman as my x wife likes to think no wonder the world is so untidy run by men opinions, delussions no ones wrong or right because and i quote God or his personallity dissorder dont egsist

• cofty
    cofty
    And if Christians are polytheists, so what? - LUHE

So I am doing them the service of pointing something out to them that 99% of them have never realised.

They are most welcome.

Why is it ok on this forum to be all over the ridiculous doctrines of the Watchtower but not the equally risible superstitions of the christian religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit