what is the ontlogical trinity

by piledriver 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Read Bart Ehrman's "How Jesus Became God" ...

Eden

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Would you expound a bit on that Cofty 😊

What are the heresies?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Well, for those who believe the New Testament, the issue of Christ's full deity is provided considerable support.

For those who don't believe the NT is the God-inspired, Jesus is just a liar, lunatic or legend...so what's the issue?

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

I see Christ as the Father's Word manifested in the flesh, and the Holy Spirit as the Father's actions manifested as whatever was observed.

Observed distinct from each other, reliant upon the will of the Father, and yet cannot be separated.

• cofty
    cofty
    Would you expound a bit on that Cofty What are the heresies? - Pubsinger

Tell you what let's observe them as they happen

InChristAlone, Vander and any other christian theists. Here is your challenge.

Imagine you are talking to somebody who knows nothing about your religion. Please explain the trinity succinctly in your own words, avoiding theological terms, and please illustrate what the trinity is using an everyday example we can relate to.

For example this would not qualify as it is theological gibberish...

Christ as the Father's Word manifested in the flesh, and the Holy Spirit as the Father's actions manifested as whatever was observed.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

In my opinion the only thing that i can be 100% certain of is " I am"

I am therefore of the opinion that whilst a Christian can't prove God exists, and neither do I believe that they can explain the trinity succinctly, this doesn't mean that God doesnt exist, and I accept as a satisfactory answer "I know"

My personal viewpoint may be different but I accept someone saying " I know" as a satisfactory answer, because I can't offer conclusive proof they are wrong.

The Rebel.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    Imagine you are talking to somebody who knows nothing about your religion. Please explain the trinity succinctly in your own words, avoiding theological terms, and please illustrate what the trinity is using an everyday example we can relate to.
    For example this would not qualify as it is theological gibberish.
    Christ as the Father's Word manifested in the flesh, and the Holy Spirit as the Father's actions manifested as whatever was observed.

gibberish.1. meaningless or unintelligible talk or writing; nonsense http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gibberish

your post doesn't really inspire one to have a go.

• cofty
    cofty

Ucant - Your rejection of a simple challenge to state the most basic tenet of your faith succinctly is duly noted.

You receive a FAIL.

• cofty
    cofty
    this doesn't mean that God doesnt exist- The Rebel

The god of Jesus does not exist but that is not the topic.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Cofty: I don't pretend to be able to explain the ontology of God just as I don't try to explain or define "human nature". The Trinity is a theological concept, (i.e something based on scripture but refracted through the mind of man). I know Christians who believe the Trinity, others who don't... but all who believe Jesus is God's unique Son. To me the issue is not whether the Trinity is found in scripture, or whether or not someone can put God in a box and define Him, but does the NT support the full deity of Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit