RIP, Jonah Lomu

by LoveUniHateExams 4 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I've just read the sad news that Jonah Lomu died in the early hours of Wednesday morning, 18/11/15.

He was just 40 years old. He apparently had been fighting a kidney problem for some time and was on a kidney dialysis machine for some of the time. He died from a heart attack.

I remember him from the 1995 rugby world cup - how fast he was for a man of his size (6 foot 5' and 19 stone). I remember seeing Mike Catt literally bounce off him as Lomu ran straight through him to score a try.

Rest in peace, Jonah Lomu.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2015/nov/18/jonah-lomu-tribute-true-great-muhammad-ali

• Simon
    Simon
    Very sad, he changed rugby.
  • karter
    karter
    He will be remembered as one of the all time greats, R.I.P Jonah.
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

A brilliant player who was able to propel his 6 foot 5 inch frame at such speed and nimble grace that he seemed absolutely unstoppable at his career peaks. Many times I felt pity for the cover defense that had to try and take him down.

He set the bar very high.

• steve2
    steve2
    I'm proud to say he was a New Zealander of Pacific Island ethnicity. Most local television channels devoted large parts of last evening to airing programs about him. He will be so very missed. After his kidney disease was disclosed, he involved himself in a lot of work, helping children who had the disease and working hard to promote awareness of it. He had just returned from a vacation in Dubai with his wife, and although his health was not the best, his death has taken the country by surprise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit