Pshycos! - 2016 "Remain Loyal to Jehovah" Regional Convention Program

by thedepressedsoul 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Brainwashing can only be successful with unquestioned loyalty.
  • freddo
    freddo

What? No "Disloyal" Korah? I love Korah - old swallowy uppy earthquaky Korah.

Pah. Lightweights.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I really thought the program layout was a joke.

• Robo Bobo
    Robo Bobo

Remember how Micah 6:8 said "what is Jehovah asking back from you but to exercise justice and to love kindness"?

Well the new NWT has replaced "to love kindness" with "to cherish loyalty".

So they insert their own idea into a scripture (which is a complete mistranslation) and then use it as a theme for their convention. Wow.

• freddo
    freddo
    Nice catch Robo Bobo.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Avoid what erodes loyalty--Fear of man. Should you fear man or what????
  • JRK
    JRK

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Wow! What a change in meaning Micah 6:8 now has!

"love kindness" to "cherish loyalty" changes the meaning considerably!

• bohm
    bohm
    Just like JWs always describe the last convention as "the best one ever", i think it has become a bit of a cliche that we always think the cult bit is worse than ever every year. However they do seem to have outdone themselves with this program, it is certainly the most cultist I can remember..
  • prologos
    prologos

Lieu: "--Be like David? Isn't he the guy who rewarded "loyal" Uriah--" Wt loves using David, because like that adulterous murderer, they want to justify their grave misdeeds, and get away with it. Parallel examples: By using his men to collaborate in procuring Bathsheba for sex for with him. David encouraged Uriah to break "god's" law on combatant's conduct by having Uriah sleep with his wife. By forcing Joab to collude in the murder of Uriah. His disloyalty to make the census, (counting, reports in wt anyone?), causing the death of 10s of thousands. ----

The David example giving carte blanche to the wt leader--ship (wreck).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit