Pshycos! - 2016 "Remain Loyal to Jehovah" Regional Convention Program

by thedepressedsoul 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

People tend to forget general information from any convention, so there's a strong theme.
    Loyalty is another way of saying "OBEY US!!!" That's all they care about people remembering.
    "Don't question us, don't listen to anything negative about us, be loyal to us."

I see your point on "Shun." Some JW's have managed to even deny that such a thing exists while they do not speak to their families. So they might feel a need to bring in the word because so many "weak" "unloyal" ones are not shunning DA / DF'ed ones. I doubt that will be applied to inactive ones, at least in the minds of members. Unrepentant wrongdoers would have to be DF'ed/DA'ed. Otherwise, they could be repentant or maybe even not wrongdoers. It's a vicious thought train to get on.

But I might be wrong. I am sure they will mention inactive ones. But all their mentions in the past have done little if anything to change them and their members' treatment of such ones. We will see.

• Miss Behaving
    Miss Behaving

That last public discourse is such mind twisting double-speak. 'When will loyal love triumph over hatred?' Hmm, I don't know Watchtower, maybe when you stop spending three days of everyone's time teaching folks to hate themselves, to be paranoid about everyone who isn't a perfect witness, to preach that God will viciously murder their neighbors. Ministry of love, indeed.

• undercover
    undercover
      • Loyally Uphold Jehovah's Judgements – Shun Unreptentant Wrongdoers
      • Loyally Uphold Jehovah's Judgements – Be Forgiving

The irony is strong with these ones.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I see your point on "Shun." Some JW's have managed to even deny that such a thing exists while they do not speak to their families

I was told by my aunt sometime back when I was being banished by my family (and I used the word "shunning) that saying "shunning" is an apostate word. I kid you not.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Yoooooooo!!! This is some crazy creepy sh$$!! Wow, they are on a whole other level with this mess
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How about "Imitate Loyal Ones! Jesus- He boldly exposed the corrupt religious practices of his day!"

DD

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Wow... now they openly use the word "shun."

In the past they tried to avoid this word. And a whole convention on loyalty. I wish the active jws a lot of joy inviting people with this crazy theme.

SHUN UNREPENTANT WRONGDOERS

Unrepentant wrongdoers sounds very bad like murderer or terrorist. But who is an unrepentant wrongdoer in jws eyes?

Could be...

... any JW celebrating christmas or birthdays!

... a teenager JW smoking.

... jw parents who in a medical urgency allow the doctor to use a life saving blood transfusion for their child.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

OK, I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking they've really turned a corner here. They always stick to a theme pretty hard, but I don't think I've ever seen it like this. This is insane. Is the word "loyal" going to be the new "truth" that JWs will find a way to work into every sentence? My mother-in-law actually started talking about loyalty a couple years ago when there was a CO talk on it, so maybe that's where they're headed. Someone said repeating the word causes it to loose meaning, but that's actually not completely right - it looses some of the meaning consciously, but subconsciously it becomes a powerful thought-stopper...that's what the cult loaded language is all about. I wonder if that's where this is headed.

The talk on shunning followed by a talk on forgiveness actually makes a lot of sense if you think about it. The theme isn't really about their behavior, it's about obedience. The talks are essentially - shun who we tell you to shun and be subservient to those we tell you to follow (even though they've wronged you). If you think it doesn't make sense to talk about shunning and forgiveness in one breath, it's because you're taking it at face value - it's really about control. They want you to obey no matter what, so they give you examples on opposite ends of the spectrum and the only common thread (and therefore the conclusion those listening will come to, whether consciously or otherwise) is that you must do whatever you're told by the cult leadership.

I'm in awe of this. This seems like they've gone into cult overload, and I really don't think it only seems that way because I'm sorta freshly out. In the 2 years I've been awake, I don't think I've seen anything like this.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

DUDE! I thought that was a JOKE so I downloaded the program to see!

• sparrowdown

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit