Why Me?

by Grey Goose 21 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

That "fuzzy feeling" was not real. At all! Waking up is a cluster-f-ck of stress this is true, but when you get yourself properly distance you will realize that the fuzzy feeling was not so good.

A lot of us feel we had so many friends inside and outside not as many. But I say this, once you are out you need to learn how to be friends with yourself, find out who you are, what you will believe, and why you like being your true self. Good luck.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

This piece of fine advice needs repeating :

" But I say this, once you are out you need to learn how to be friends with yourself, find out who you are, what you will believe, and why you like being your true self. Good luck."

Once you have done that, you will find that friends are made easily.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

I've wondered this myself. Why did I have to wake form my somber? I look at the folks still in and they seem to be on the same old routine going through this life with this mislead arrogance, this fantasy that there real life is yet to be lived. They appear to be in a sleep like state just walking through this life, like it is a rehearsal of some sort, like it has no meaning. Things that are important like family and relationships are pushed aside for a future utopia that is delusional. They wave off the now for a future. They are ok with writing off the one's that leave there delusion with this pretense they are living by some spirit directed mandate given to them by the Governing body. There whole existence is fantasy.

If I could take a pill that guaranteed, I would not remember a thing but would wake up tomorrow and would be where I once was, inside the organization. My family in unity, old friends in there respective places and firmly back within the congregation. Back out in service preaching a fantasy that I truly believed, living the dream of a future paradise. Would I take the pill? I would have to say no. I would not want to be living a lie. I would rather live the now with all its unknown then a fantasy with all there deluded answer. I would rather suffer with humanity and try to figure out the world we live in then close minded and mislead to appease some old men living in Brooklyn. I would rather be the real me.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I had a conversation recently with someone I had not seen in a long time. He mentioned about the building work, and how people are coming in hand over fist.

I was like - did you read the Yearbook? Did you notice we only gained 118K last year? Are halls getting built in your area, they are not in mine.

• jaydee
    jaydee
    MarkofCane W O W...I can only give this 1 like......needs more
    Image result for like emoji
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    ToesUp
    The only "Why me" question I have is...."Why me...why did I have to be born into this?"

Yes. Me too.

• Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411

You and me both. Some days I wake up and just want to scream at the top of my lungs and tell everyone "ITS A CULT!!"

Be glad you had an open mind. Being enlightened was never easy. Remember that next time you feel down about it.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    TTATT is like a mental door in that once you go through it and it shuts behind you. You will never go back.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I can relate so well, not only to the OP, but to so many comments. I esp like the thought of: Why ONLY me? I know of many other JWs that I consider above average intellect. They are reading all of these same BS New Lite changes. They've witnesses "100 Years of Christ's Kingdom" where there ain't nothin' happened.

Why isn't their Bullshit Meter going off?

Image result for bullshit meter

Doc

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I'm sure there are many who think something is just not right...not "adding up" with the society...but they are so emotionally tied up or invested in the org that they just can't see any other alternative in life....

sad but true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit