Worshiping a piece of stone

by FedUpJW 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Today one of the members of the local congregation who is somewhat limited intellectually was showing off a small bit of cut granite stone. As he did so he made sure to let everyone know that it was given to him by the congregation service overseer who just completed his second or third round of bragging rights slave labor at Warwick. He mentioned that, "Brother _______ gave this to me as a piece of reality from Warwick. He took it from the site."

It was sickening to see the way most of the sheeple would reverently touch it, almost as if they were worshiping it. Some even commented how it made them feel "close to the governing body."

And I thought that they only worshiped God.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Gee, how different that is from the infidels who worship a meteorite at Mecca!

I'm sure it can also serve as a rectal-area scraper if he's ever caught without toilet paper.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

He mentioned that, "Brother _______ gave this to me as a piece of reality from Warwick. He took it from the site."

Some even commented how it made them feel "close to the governing body."

Image result for JW.org golden calf

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

No one is worshipping the kabbah but like the idiot JWs there are idiot muslims who overvalue a location like the jws did that stolen rock.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

They are running out of ways of wowing their people. There's only so much "new light" nonsense they can come up with.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

JWdaughter said, "No one is worshipping the kabbah"

Really? What are they all doing there, waiting for a bus?

• millie210
    millie210

Sounds like the brother is not alone in being limited intellectually.

Little piece of granite? Big carved image? Whats the difference?

• hoser
    hoser

Sounds like idolatry to me. Time to get the judicial committee fired up.

• MrTheocratic
    MrTheocratic

That reminds me when I was in Bethel.....the friends in the congregation would love anything they thought was from bethel.

For example: after bookstudy one night we had goodie night. Everyone was to bring some sort of dish or desert. Well on my way to the meeting from Brooklyn I stopped at the commissary to pick up 3 packs of Pepperidge farm soft chocolate cookies. I put them in a plastic container and bought them. Before I could say anything the bookstudy conductor announces to the entire group before the closing prayer " please don't leave imediately after prayer, our dear bethel brother would like to share some Kingdom Cookies with us".

You would fall out laughing at how these people gobbled these cookies up...as if the finger of God had made them.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Seriously??

Wow....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit