An Insulting Email I Received

by SYN 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SYN
    SYN

I got this email forwarded to me yesterday. The line below is the one that made the gall rise in my throat like never before:

The Lotus Totus must leave your hands in 6 MINUTES. Otherwise you will get a very unpleasant surprise. This is true, even if you are not superstitious, agnostic, or otherwise faith impaired.

This obviously is a hot follow-up to the "Why Do Non-Religious People Always Pick On Religious People" threads I've seen popping up around here lately.

All I really have to say is, tolerance goes both ways! Phrases like "faith-impaired" are the direct equivalent of phrases like "logic-impaired" or "second-stage illiteracy" (this is when people read the Bible and suddenly decide to base their lives on it, which has been covered elsewhere). Now, personally, I'd never use a phrase like that against anyone, purely out of courtesy. I feel that exposing silly beliefs and their basis in Biblical mythology are normally sufficient. You really don't need to get personal when you're examing someone's religion (or lack thereof, as the case may be). I'm sure anyone here could create all sorts of zingers with which to afflict those of an opposing (non) religious affilitation, but most don't. That's pretty cool, and most of the time the people here are a very mature, civil lot.

Then I get email like this!!!

What do you guys think?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

That's a chain letter.... the content wasn't written just for you so I don't think it was intended to be an insult. I don't know why people do those chain letter things... they are so dumb!!

http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/lotustotus.html

• Robdar
    Robdar

I think I would have been laughing while hitting the delete button. This is a typical chain letter. You've got to pity the fool who sent it....

Robyn

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

No wonder I don't respond to those dumbass e-mails.

I just block the sender, who eventually....months down the road, wonders why I haven't written.

Geez...?....could it be that 'they' aren't very good at writing themselves, sending me endless stooopid e-mails about missing children (that aren't missing), and or 'kiss Jesus' or some stoned Martian notion that will inspire me to join the church of the poison mind (not original...shut up, I know).

SYN: I know...I've seen this, and it's usually from the same 'type' of people.

They send you virus notices, missing children links, the weasel with cancer, or the plight of a helpless guppy somewhere (name changes weekly).

Gets annoying.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

the first time I received a chain letter that I was about 16 in my mail box (just got my first home), it told me I have to copy and send it to 10 other people ... the letter was SO if I wouldn't do what they said (basically in fact send 20 F to the address on the top of the list) and so if I would have done what the asked me. That I've wonder why the one on the top of the least needed me to send him 20 F ... But I was scared for real a few minutes ... and because of that I thought, I just can't send that horrible letter to anyone cause I would feel responsible if something happen to them ... So I didn't sent 20 F and I didn't copy it ... And I fell a bit in danger till I forget about it very quick ... cause I was happy, happy, happy with my baby

• SadElder
    SadElder

Why even bother to read mail from people you don't know? If I don;t know the sender it's off to the delete bin. Don't have time for people's foolishness.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I also delete any mail I dont know...So just delete

• shera
    shera

I hate chain letters..if I think they are chain letters,I delete them.

• waiting
    waiting
    The Lotus Totus must leave your hands in 6 MINUTES. Otherwise you will get a very unpleasant surprise. This is true, even if you are not superstitious, agnostic, or otherwise faith impaired.

I thought they were telling you to stop masturbating within 6 minutes or you'd get a very unpleasant surprise......like warts.

odd minds think odd thoughts. that's my excuse.

btw, if I don't know the sender, I delete.

• SYN
    SYN

Hi Guys,

Yes, I knew it was a chain letter...it was the contents that I found insulting...I get so much email that often I'll get exactly the same chain letter from about six different people...argh...!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit