Food at the Proper Time

by Alpaca 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Ya' know....as I listen to the great music of my youth from the 60s & 70s ... I've reached the inescapable conclusion that the "food at the proper time" came from Simon & Garfunkel, the Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, Hot Tuna, Steve Winwood and hundreds of other incredible musical philosophers!!! I can honestly say that my life has been enriched.

I am barreling toward 70 years on this planet and I still get goose bumps listening to the music & lyrics that perfectly capture life's eternal truths. At that time in my life I had "one foot in the world" spent a lot of time listening to that classic music with "worldly" friends who were there for me when I finally walked out of the fog of Dubdom in the late 1990's. I am grateful.

Maybe some of you can relate. It's a long story....

• hoser
    hoser

I grew up on a lot of that same music. Many well written songs are timeless

• stan livedeath
  • EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"...Simon & Garfunkel, the Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Pete Seeger, Bob Dylan, Hot Tuna, Steve Winwood and hundreds of other incredible musical philosophers!!! I can honestly say that my life has been enriched.

I am barreling toward 70 years on this planet and I still get goose bumps listening to the music & lyrics that perfectly capture life's eternal truths..."

đŸ’–So many "worldly" musicians understand aspects of truth better than the so-called "FD$". I'm grateful too for the way so many musicians have been willing to reflect light and truth from their hearts through music.

Luke 6:45

"A good man brings good out of the good treasure of his heart...out of the heart’s abundance his mouth speaks."

I love the treasures expressed in this song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ8ixdXRCOo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit