(Petty) Gambling No Longer A Judicial Offense?

by Solzhenitsyn 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Solzhenitsyn
    Solzhenitsyn

I searched "gambling" on this forum and only found old threads. So thought I'd share. Perhaps it has already been commented on and I am just repeating.

See you all in Vegas baby!

So my old Flock book said this:

And my new flock book says this :

• minimus
    minimus

I think it’s not really ok but it’s not a d f offense unless your gambling the home.

• sparky1
    sparky1

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20021101/Questions-From-Readers/#?insight

It seems to be some sort of 'relaxation' of the rules from days gone by.

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Yay...the jackpot for the tomorrow's Powerball is 650 million...play your favorite numbers I guess...it's a scam but anyway, RECREATIONAL now!

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Recreational gambling. Kind of like creative accounting.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

When I came into the organization, in the early 1970s, I seem to remember that even penny ante poker was off limits. You had to play with tokens. Now recreational gambling is ok.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Wow that's total news to me. I agree with others, every form of gambling was off limits. We even had talks about what to do if someone gave you a free lottery ticket.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sounds reasonable to me. The wt. needs more money and they know most witnesses are money poor so why not change the rules a little on gambling. That way if someone hits it big the borg may get some of it to make the winner feel good and when that person dies the wt. may get it all. It's god plan for a new source of income. Lol. Still Totally ADD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

So much for blowing that Israel mission by playing a single $1 scratch-off. Maybe that money better spent on Christmas lights (or Easter) would suffice now. Or, go out and buy a Ouija board. I doubt you will be hounded to do that stupid Israel mission (or any others) while you have that thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit