Atheists and Agnostics: Will You Be Attending the Jehovah's Witnesses Circuit Assembly in Georgia USA this Sunday (25 January 2015)

by jwleaks 6 Replies latest jw friends

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Albany Herald

Tuesday, January 20, 205

ALBANY — An assembly meant to bring the lessons of the Bible into practical terms for everyday life is being conducted in Albany by the Jehovah’s Witnesses community this weekend.

A one-day assembly is planned to start at 9:30 a.m. and end shortly after 4 p.m. on Sunday. Taking place at the Albany Civic Center, it will include Bible-based talks, demonstrations and interviews from the Circuit Assembly of Jehovah’s Witnesses as part of their 2014-15 program.

The theme is “Keep Seeking Jehovah’s Righteousness,” which is based on Matthew 6:33.

Everett Berry, spokesman for the event, said the assembly is a semi-annual event attracting witnesses and non-witnesses from Florida and southern Georgia.

Sessions will take place concerning biblical principles and how they can be applied to school or work. There will also be song, prayer, dedication and baptism. Sessions dealing with how to distinguish right from wrong, seeking righteousness, soundness of mind, materialism and youthful desires will be among the topics featured.

“There are those who are atheists and agnostic who come,” Berry said. “It doesn’t matter. We want folks to know (what we have learned from the Bible).”

Entry and seats are free, and it is open to the public. In past events, Berry said about 2,000 people have attended, a good portion being non-members.

“We always get a very good response,” he said. “The program is very lively.

“They always come out (learning something). It’s not just a matter of preaching and singing. (The biblical principles) apply to everyone, not just us.”

For more information, visit www.jw.org

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Berry said about 2,000 people have attended, a good portion being non-members.

I guess that is true if "a good portion" means "very few" or "almost none".

Doc

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Albany Herald

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

ALBANY — An assembly meant to bring the lessons of the WHATEVER THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE ARE TEACHING AT THE MOMENT into IMPRACTICAL terms for everyday life is being conducted in Albany by the Jehovah’s Witnesses community this weekend.

A one-day assembly is planned to start at 9:30 a.m. and end shortly after 4 p.m. on Sunday. IT WILL RUN A LITTLE LONG BECAUSE OF THE 25 MINUTE CONCLUDING PRAYER. Taking place at theAlbany Civic Center, it will include Bible-based talks THAT ARE RIGHT FROM THE WATCHTOWER, BORING demonstrations and interviews WHERE FACTS ARE A LITTLE SKETCHY from the Circuit Assembly of Jehovah’s Witnesses as part of their 2014-15 program.

The theme is “Keep Seeking Jehovah’s Righteousness,” which is based on Matthew 6:33.

Everett Berry, spokesman for the event, WHO IS MONOTONE AND BORING said the assembly is a semi-annual event attracting witnesses WHO HAVE NO CHOICE and THREE non-witnesses from Florida and southern Georgia.

Sessions will take place concerning biblical principles and how they can be applied to school or work. There will also be song, prayer, dedication and baptism.GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH. Sessions dealing with how to distinguish right from wrong, seeking righteousness, soundness of mind, materialism and youthful desires will be among the topics featured.

“There are those who are atheists and agnostic who come,” Berry said. “It doesn’t matter. We want folks to know (what we have learned from the Bible).”

Entry and seats are free,BUT MAKE SURE YOU GET FRIENDS TO RESERVE THEM BEFORE YOU GET THERE and it is open to the public. In past events, Berry said about 2 people have attended, a good portion being non-members WHO WENT IN THE ASSEMBLY JUST TO KEEP WARM FROM THE BRUTAL WINTERS.

“We always get a very good response WHEN IT'S FINALLY OVER,” he said. “The program is very DEAD, DRAWN OUT AND BORING.

“They always come out (learning something). It’s not just a matter of preaching and REALLY BAD singing. (The biblical principles) apply to everyone, not just us.”

• Hortensia
    Hortensia
    Oh dear. I'm so sorry. I seem to have a conflict in my schedule. I won't be able to make it this year. In fact, I haven't been able to attend any of your little events, even though the invitations are so enticing, for let's see now, the last 33 years.
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

Good news, there is a Circuit Assembly on both the Saturday and the Sunday. They're just no advertising the Florida Jehovah's Witness assembly in the newspaper. Maybe it's because "There are those who are disfellowshipped and apostate who come."

Saturday Program - Georgia Jehovah's Witnesses

Sunday Program - Florida Jehovah's Witnesses

• sir82
    sir82

The program is very lively.

Huh?

This is a circuit assembly - easily 1/2 of the audience will have nodded off 15 minutes after lunch. They'll have to crank up the volume to cover the sound of snoring.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    WTF is the "very lively" supposed to mean? I never attended an assembly that could be described as very lively except the time there was a bomb threat and the stadium was evacuated during my baptism talk.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit