Why are the human judges of Israel going to "die like Adam"?

by I_love_Jeff 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

Many Jehovah's Witnesses and other Christians believe that Psalm 82 is referring to human judges. My question is this:

How is this a form of punishment if in fact these are merely HUMAN judges who were already going to die?
    Update: See Psalm 82

Orthodox Jewish Bible
    Chapter Parallel
    Tehillim 82:7 (OJB) But ye shall die like adam, and fall like one of the sarim (princes)

My question/s is/are not meant to start a debate/s or hate campaign/s with anyone. Just trying to understand the logic here. Thank you.

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

"Another role given to the Sarim is the protection of the nations of the World. Some 70 angels where given this task. However, it is stated that all these angels fell from grace following the war in heaven, all accept the Archangel Michael. ( Click here for more information on the Fallen Angels).

Further confusion abound that there is referenceto Se'irim, or hairy demons as the word itself means, are mentioned in Leviticus 17:7 and 2 Chronicles 11:15 as "goat-demons". Isaiah 34:14 says that the "goat-demons" greet each other amoung the ruins of Edom...." The Book of Enoch mentions sa'ir, sa'irim which also refers to 'he-goats' of which the Angel Azazel was linked. "

http://www.archangels-and-angels.com/misc/sarim.html

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'll have to check out your links but the 70 maybe referring to the 70 created gods of El. The Elohim or sons of god which is what the Angels are really. The book of Enoch mentions 4 angels that were good so to speak, Michael being one of them. Micheal, Gabriel, Raphael and one other. These also maybe the ones mentioned as the 4 hourseman in the book of Revelations.

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

I think I understand what this is all about.

"....But ye shall die like adam, and fall like one of the sarim (princes)"

When the Elohim (Divine Beings) were administered to judge the earth, they became corrupt and so had fallen (like sarim (princes)) from heaven and died like men (part of the punishment for being corrupt judges).

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

The sarim (fallen angels, Elohim) corruptly judged the nations. They will die like humans and fall like those bad angels that slept with the women mentioned in Genesis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit