Why did Jehovah choose the leaders of the WTS who were scripturaly apostate false prophet sinners ?

by Finkelstein 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Quite the contravening question to contemplate for any self avowed devoted JWS, which no doubt takes some uncomfortable thinking to consider.

Yes back in 1919 the then president of the JWS J. Rutherford proclaimed that the organization (IBSA, JWS) had been selectively chosen by Jesus for their unique preaching and evangelical work.

There had already been a proclamation by the past leader of the (WTS) IBSA C. Russell that he was the faithful slave doing the lords work, will and purpose, but his professing doctrines were also false bible interpretations based upon the theology of Pyramidology.

Might it be that these men made these proclamations out of the intent of self validating themselves and the literature that they had published and were trying to proliferate ?

Making these kind of claims was easy since there was no higher governing body to evaluate these men's endeavors from a theological standing, The American government had opened the door for any individual's self expression of a religious nature. So anyone in that country could build up their own religoius following unimpeded, even more so if that religion was Christian based.

So the real critical question remains how or why would Jesus pick these men when their doctrines were so obviously false and probably devised more so from a commercialization agenda ?

I personally contemplated that question myself before leaving the JWS entirely.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    why would Jesus pick these men when their doctrines were so obviously false?

He didn't. They were just one of many creepy late 1800's heretic groups that popped up. Jesus said that the wheat and the weeds would grow up together until the harvest.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Ray Franz said in one of his books, that based on what the Rutherford Bible Students, later JW's. believed in 1919 it was "an insult to Jesus Christ" to say that he chose them. I agree with Ray.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

For me, that is still an open question....” Yes, why would he? “

A WT answer would be because they had honest hearts and were seeking the correct doctrines although they had not yet worked it all out.

As my dub wife told me this morning, they had already the truth about the soul, they had ‘turned the hose on hell’ .... oh and I was told they knew 1914. .......after all these years I know when to speak up and when it is wiser to keep silent.

[edit..to say that I love her and we have a great relationship, and have both learned to give and take, over the years]

• skin
    skin
    after all these years I know when to speak up and when it is wiser to keep silent

I have also learnt to do the same, don't say any thing that hurts their feelings towards the organization, no matter how true your words are.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ditto, pick your fights, folks.

EDIT: and when it comes to said fights, I find it's always best to phrase my salvo as an "unanswerable" question.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A WT answer would be because they had honest hearts and were seeking the correct doctrines although they had not yet worked it all out.

It would appear that the WTS heads weren't seeking out bible truths in reflection of the organization persistent Jesus has returned (1914) Armageddon soon doctrines which were proliferated all throughout the 20th century.

They had the true heart of commercialization comprised of building up their own power and money as an established religious publishing house, the proclamation of them being god's selectively chosen ones was just a self supporting marketing gimmick or strategy to lure people to their literature and the organization.

Want to understand and truthfully interpret the bible the word of god , come to us and will show and tell you, its all in are literature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit