Philosophical Question

by budbayview 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• budbayview
    budbayview

According to the bible, there was dissention in heaven or god’s kingdom. In god’s own courtyard, the factors existed for such, that perfect creations morphed into gods’ opposition, even in the presence of the Universal Creator. Accordingly, they are still at it, hell bent on destroying all.

Here is my question; how is it that the creation thinks they can win a war with the Universal Creator? You do not break bad like that unless you know you can win. I just cannot conceive that an intelligent creation is going on a suicide mission to prove a point just to piss-off daddy.

One possible explanation is that the illuminated serpent is not the bad guy in the story.

Another possible explanation is that we do not know the complete divine hierarchy, and we have only been exposed to a few levels down. I personally favor this as the Hebrew god Yahweh, at times displays petty, jealous, behavior, or basically not the caliber of personality and being that put all these universal pieces together.

Given the criterion that this story is rooted in reality and truth, what say you? Is there more to this universal play than we know?

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The Gnostic Jews and Christians pondered along similar lines. Some concluded the god of creation was in fact merely a demiurge manifestation of the true god that had lost the purity of a spirit god. Sounds crazy today simply because of our religious tradition but it more made sense to many, than the OT on face value.

Fact is the stories and legends can hardly be expected to fully work with Western modern minds, given as they were written and collected with a very different ancient approach to truth and history. The Gnostics were early attempts to make sense of the OT stories while yet wishing for a god worthy of worship.

• Simon
    Simon

The stories make little sense as we are used to better written stories and movie productions nowadays.

They are just bad stories, inventions by dumb people for dumber people.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot
    They are just bad stories, inventions by dumb people for dumber people.

And then there is the Quran...

RB.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Budbayview, Hitler's philosophy was "rule or ruin." Perhaps that's what we have here. It does fit the evidence.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That always struck me, the notion that the beings closest to God would ever turn from him. I had the impression -as did many other Christians I knew- that God is the ultimate being, a person of vast intellect, wisdom, and love. The perfect father, the great teacher. To meet Him would be an unimaginable experience.

And yet... one angel is so unimpressed that he turns against God, to such a degree that he earns the title of "opposer" (or something to that effect). The two humans who were direct creations of God are easily turned away from Him as well, by a talking animal of all things. Other angels apparently chose their own boners over fealty to God. That is insane.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    One possible explanation is that the illuminated serpent is not the bad guy in the story.

The serpent in the Garden of Eden story was not a literal snake. The Hebrew word for serpent also translates into the idea of to question. In other words, Eve in the story questioned what Adam had told her about the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Remember that historically the Jews did not have a character Satan the Devil until much later in their history. In the Old Testament the word that modern Bibles translate into Satan is a legal term, accuser. This would be the modern English equivalent to courtroom prosecutor.

Budbayview - Your question is as important as it is valid. Any spirit creation had direct access to the Almighty God of the Bible. They knew his scope and power. Any rebellion was an automatic death sentence with no hope of forgiveness.

Speaking from logic and reason, if the Bible were true, the only possibilities I can come to a conclusion are -

1. God made spirit creation immortal and they cannot be destroyed.
    2. Being a spirit creation is a miserable existence and only God can end their suffering. However, the only way to get God to end their existence was to rebel.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Another option is that it's all just fiction. Poorly written fiction......and people have taken it all too seriously. Here we are, with people believing all sorts of nonsense.

This world could have been so much better. But, no! Tribal meat sacks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit