Survivor Pearl Islands II

by Stacy Smith 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

We watched the second episode again last night. I love Rupert the pirate. He got a little too attached to that spear but amazed everyone when he found the lost tip.

The Drake tribe is kicking Morgans butt and when Oston from Morgan started whining about wanting to go home his muscles didn't look as awesome anymore. "They took my tarp.....whaaaaaa.... send me home".

But skinny Ryan gets voted off. Was Ostan playing him or what?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I caught a little of that last night. I have not been able to see the earlier episodes, so I don't really know anyones character. But yeah, that spear guy has heart, and the muscle guy... well, obviously, his body responds extremely easily to working out, cuz he certainly isn't the type to actually work for something. I thought it fascinating that he was not voted out... these shows are fascinating looks at the way people think. (although the guy voted off did suck at the competition they lost, so maybe he sucked at everything).

With his pussy character, I'd guess Osten will be gone soon enough, but I do think it would be neat to see what would happen to his body if he stayed for a long time. I mean, he has almost no fat to lose, it would be interesting to see how it changed his body compared to a more normal body.

Like I say, I didn't see enough to see many peoples character; was Skinny Ryan Survivors attempt at having another Rob (from last season) type?

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

I think Sandra will come to regret taking that tarp and destroying their shelter a little later on in the game.....

• Mulan
    Mulan

I wondered about Ryan and Osten too. Are they not allowed to vote themselves off? If they are, why didn't Osten vote for himself? I think he might have been playing a tactic, and it worked if he was.

I saw a preview of Survivor a month ago, and the interviewer had seen the first episode and said "what is it with Osten? Was he the first one voted off or not?" Jeff Probst got a funny look on his face and was real evasive, and finally said he wasn't the first voted off. I wonder if he actually wins it.

I'm not all that enthralled with this Survivor. I hope it gets better.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

You can't vote for yourself. I think Osten has a plan.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i love rupert!!!! he seems so funny and cool. a lot of the others whine too much though. i forgot what the guy's name is who lost the spear, but i loved it when that blonde chick called him the biggest puss she ever met. :P

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    i loved it when that blonde chick called him the biggest puss she ever met. :P

I can't think of her name either but I have a feeling she'll be around for awhile. She has a great personality.

I think Sandra will come to regret taking that tarp and destroying their shelter a little later on in the game.....

Especially if Osten is still around, he really got pissy about that tarp.

• Hamas
    Hamas

The joys of reality TV eh ?

Those long winter evenings must fly by.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Those long winter evenings must fly by

Oh it's trashy stuff for sure but for us Survivor is a huge party. Our apartment/condo fills up to standing room only. Life as we know it comes to a stop and I think that in itself makes it a great show.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I was so glad that Rupert found the spear! I actually could not believe that he was able to find it. I thought Osten was a real baby and that the Scout Master was "right-on" when she said he was unhappy because he lost. He is just a sore loser; his body is NOT giving out on him at all!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit