not all JW's are asleep

by Damascus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Damascus
    Damascus

I am an 'active' JW but I do not agree with most of the doctrines inc blood, baptism, the memorial etc etc.I took the emblems at the memorial because I think we all should recognise and accept Jesus' command to remember him. Not for one minute do I think this is only for the so called anointed. I know it is full of man made error and that my fellow brothers and sisters are in a state of mindless, spiritual unawareness. However, they are victims of this organisation and they are sincere in wanting to do what is right. They are not capable at this time of understanding what is going on in reality. We have 6 elders and only one is a decent human being. So why am I still attending? Because I love God and I believe in Jesus' message to tell others of his kingdom which is coming. I don't preach the JW message and falsehoods when calling on people.

Is there anyone out there who feels the same?

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hey Damascus, you said: I think we all should recognise and accept Jesus' command to remember him.

You do realize that if you had been born in the Middle East you'd probably be saying the same thing about Mohammed or Vishnu or some other non-Christian god, right?

Damascus said: I believe in Jesus' message to tell others of his kingdom which is coming.

No, it is not. Islam is the religion that is growing, not Christianity. Better practice up on your Arabic.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Just don't stop looking for more truth. As long as you keep honestly digging you will find out not just what's wrong with jws but religion as a whole.
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I grew up next to this Italian cafe and ran errands for the owner and some of the patrons who in return were very generous and protective of me. I heard rumours that they all may be involved in organized crime...you know how people are with their stereotypes. They are respected in the neighbourhood...regardless I don't consider myself one of them. I focus only on the good they do...

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Damascus, it's interesting that you choose that name . In both Jeremiah and Isaiah Damascus was to be destroyed never to be rebuilt. Since those writtings the city has never been destroyed. This is just one of many prophecies that didn't come true... But yeah the kingdom of God is right around the corner maybe in another 2000 years. Keep studying my friend.
  • tiki
    tiki
    How is it you say you are an active jw but don't preach the jw message? I thought in order to be a jw you had to preach the jw message.
  • Damascus
    Damascus

well I don't know for how much longer they will wait til they disfellowship me. I have already had 2 elders come and accuse me of apostate thinking but they didn't have two witnesses so they are just waiting to pounce on me. I don't do much ministry but when I do I just use the bible and no publications. All I want is to know the real truth, whatever it is. Everyone has their own individual journey to find it if they are looking but it really is a solitary existence when no one around you can see even the simplest things although I am sure there are many people out there.

It is irrelevant to me when the kingdom of God comes. I don't know if it will be in 2000 years or not. to me it doesn't matter. I

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All I want is to know the real truth, whatever it is.

Image result for can you handle the truthImage result for can you handle the truth

It is irrelevant to me when the kingdom of God comes.

But I agree 100% with your thoughts on that. I think it will prove irrelevant to us as we will all have been long dead before it happens, if ever.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billion of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." ~ attributed to Mark Twain

Doc

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Keep up the fight, Damascus. Do what you believe, not what others tell you to believe. You're a good person and that you can see with your own eyes is commendable.
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    Damascus, it is good that you've seen through the lies within the JW religion. Now you can start working on the lies in the Bible. Conduct a comparative analysis of the 4 Gospels and get back to us about exactly what it is you can actually know about Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit