NPCs at the Kingdom Hall

by Simon 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

In case you're unfamiliar with the acronym, an NPC is a "Non Playable Character" in a game. Typically, they are kind of a placeholder that do set things rather than being controlled by another player or any kind of AI to vary what they do. They just follow a script. Like every time you go into a shop inside the game, the same character appears and says the same thing.

Did you have any NPCs in your hall?

Looking back, there were a few people that were always 'there' but I couldn't tell you anything about them other than their names. Maybe we just rarely interacted for whatever reason, but it's kind of odd just how little I knew of them or even why I knew so little and had so few interactions.

Maybe they look back at me being an NPC to them? Who knows ...

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Funny thing about NPCs (IRL or video games)…

…you know they’re there…

…but good luck remembering anything about ‘em.

😏

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I do recall that there were some couples in our KH who always sat in the same seats. They would even get a bit snippy if someone else happened to be sitting in "their" seats. They could be like NPCs, in that you always knew where to find them (and how to get them to react).

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"They could be like NPCs, in that you always knew where to find them (and how to get them to react)"

You could tell what a Baggins would say on any question without the bother of asking him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit