JWs destroy archaelogical artifacts

by John Doe 38 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In order for a lie to thrive, the truth has to be destroyed. This rubbish has been going on ever since Judaism infested the earth, and Christi-SCAM-ity and Islam made it even worse. You have something that would disprove the whole damnation book, they want it blown up. Those three religions, all based on lies, have to have the original links to Satan and His Demons destroyed in order to survive.

Islam is not exempt, either. I can remember back in the spring of 2015, the Islamic State blew up one of Astaroth's temples. They go around blowing up anything that disproves the whole paradigm of Judaism, Christi-SCAM-ity, and Islam. Even their own damnation book orders followers of Judaism to destroy all Satanic temples, setting up examples of Josiah (much ballyhooed) destroying pagan temples. They also have examples of Joshua, also much ballyhooed, destroying artifacts and harshly punishing those who kept them instead.

• roberto avon
    roberto avon

IloveTTATT2, where did you read the press release that you wrote about? I can't find it

• ILoveTTATT2
    ILoveTTATT2

It's on the other thread regarding this.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I don't think it the least bit implausible that a few recently converted rogue JWs could do something like that. Maybe the rogue JWs are members of the indigenous group and formerly worshiped at the shrine and now that they're learning from the JWs they feel the need to affirm their stance for pure worship and renounce their former course of false worship by engaging in this act. Maybe they were inspired by the actions of Gideon.

Whatever the case, I don't see how anyone can honestly say that JWs wouldn't or couldn't do something like this. JWs condemn all other religions as false and part of Babylon the Great; they often consider the example of faithful kings who destroyed altars and shrines used for false worship. It does't require any stretch of the imagination to see how/why a rogue JW could do something like this.

Yes, JWs are taught to not use violence and not take matters into their own hands by acting physically against false worshipers and apostates, etc. Yes, the vast majority of JWs would never do something like this and it would be unfair to give the impression that such conduct is typical of JW culture and condoned or encouraged by the organization. We can fairly say that the behavior is atypical for JWs but we cannot outright dismiss the possibility of it being done by a few rogue JWs.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Whatever the case, I don't see how anyone can honestly say that JWs wouldn't or couldn't do something like this.

I don't think anybody should be claiming this. After all, tomorrow a JW could grab a gun and kill everybody inside a restaurant, or any other violent act.

The point is whether the JW community or its organization condones or promotes these acts, and to be fair the answer to that is no.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "The point is whether the JW community or its organization condones or promotes these acts, and to be fair the answer to that is no."

I agree. But Watchtower does bear some indirect responsibility for shaping the religiously bigoted minds some of which may feel motivated to go on to do such acts. Watchtower unwittingly contributes to creating motives for such acts to be committed.

I think the real issue here is about accuracy in ascribing blame, if indeed the act was done by JWs. It would be technically correct to say it was done by JWs. But such statement needs to be clarified to make it known that it was done by rogue individual JWs and their action is not representative of typical JW conduct and is not encouraged or condoned by JWs as a group.

• undercover
    undercover

Even if - and I stress IF - it's a rogue JW, or even a group of them, it doesn't represent JWs, or even the religion, as a whole.

The WTS/JWs teach that they are separate from the world, and that their god Jehovah alone will exact his vengeance on wicked mankind. JWs just go about their preaching and living as unconnected to the 'world' as possible.

Trying to lay some kind of culpability on the WTS or JWs as a whole for what some dumbasses who happen to go to the KH did is like blaming all of Islam for what ISIS does, and all of Christianity for abortion center bombings.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I think the real issue here is about accuracy in ascribing blame, if indeed the act was done by JWs. It would be technically correct to say it was done by JWs. But such statement needs to be clarified to make it known that it was done by rogue individual JWs and their action is not representative of typical JW conduct and is not encouraged or condoned by JWs as a group.

That would be making a judgment call rather than reporting facts. Subjective judgment calls are not the media's place--factual reporting is.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hey, if it gets people checking out the website ... well ........ no such thing as bad publicity and all.

I 'm sure any sort of negative press in which it turned out local JWs were being falsely accused would stir up some interest and curiosity amongst some in the community. And, hey presto Satan serves you lemons and you make lemon koolaid.

Having said that, still think it entirely plausible that some rabid dubs did it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit