"The Guardian" is requesting your stories of JW abuse and problems

by Bad_Wolf 7 Replies latest social current

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

You are able to anonymously give this by putting in a fake name, as they indicated. This is not limited to sex abuse, but anything. Shunning, lies, etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/08/have-you-experienced-abuse-in-the-jehovahs-witness-uk

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Only if you're in the UK.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

BTTT for U.K folks, just in case you missed it !

• steve2
    steve2

This is not limited to sex abuse, but anything. Shunning, lies, etc.

The context makes it clear that they are wanting to hear from those who have experienced some form of sexual abuse. It is not a more general forum - although, of course, there is nothing to stop individuals making more general disclosures such as about shunning, lies etc.

• TeenageInsider
    TeenageInsider

Damn :(

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'm curious as to how the Guardian is accepted as a "news" publication?

Is it a mainstream newspaper or periodical? NY Times? Newsweek?

Or, is it more like our "National Enquirer"?

Since it was who broke the UN scandal, I'm wondering how widely read and respected that was to its audience?

• Bad_Wolf
    Bad_Wolf

Steve2, it says "sexual abuse AND OTHER forms of abuse".

Even if not UK, could disclose that and mention how everything worldwide done the same way. They can compare to UK citizens and see how extensive.

• AbusedandPissed
    AbusedandPissed

It is not right to try and conflate what is your personal grips with Watchtower with that of sexual child abuse. That is one of the things I have a problem with. People on posts or news articles that deal with child abuse within Watchtower and then complain about DFing or beards or the UN. These things are not equal and by trying to connect them people are minimizing what is an actual problem and crime with just another issue with an organization.

This is about child sexual abuse and nothing else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit