Found this picture on my Facebook page today

by wozza 4 Replies latest jw friends

• wozza
    wozza

Well I think this Pyramidion (a capstone to a pyramid ) looks a lot like the remembrance stone of Charles Taze Russell, the watchtower president ,they may have taken and hidden his stone away but those of us who can remember it, it says a lot about Russells belief in his version of prophecy based on Egyptian pyramids holding gods secret of false prophecy.

• Ding
    Ding

Interesting how "God's Stone Witness" (Russell) became "Satan's Bible" (Rutherford)...

That's "new light" for you...

• Balaamsass2
  • ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

WTC wants to separate themselves from the pyramidology in their origins, but it's hard to do. Russell was obsessed with it. So much so that it was featured in many of his interpretive writings. WTC fears the connection to the modern-day organization. It is an indictment of how far from the truth they were when they got started.

"That which is crooked cannot be made straight."

• wozza
    wozza

Thanks for the comments, I was surprised to get a dislike but you can't please everybody.

Thanks BalaamAss2 for the picture of the memorial pyramid ,It shows on it's surface symbolism that the WTS used back in the day which later had new light applied to it.

It was'nt just Russell who bought into this though ,because when he died his followers made this structure to tell something about their leader "the faithful and disceet slave".

So the followers back then were believing stuff that ,in a supposed pivotal point in history, was changed later and the WTS says these people were found by Jesus to be a cleansed and holy people .

No you can't have it both ways ,Rutherford did the only thing that a corporation can do when in crisis and want to rule the flock ,and that is change the rules and regulations and rebrand the corporation and kick out any followers of the previous leader who won't embrace his change.

Nothing holy about those times and the changes that followed it was just mans way of doing things with no evidence off holy spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit