LA city council approves 6 foot law for strippers

by Adam 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Adam
    Adam

Anybody else following this? What a frigging crock. If you feel lap dances are immoral, don't get one. If you feel they're not, you should have the opportunity to get one. It's not the government's place to push the puritanical ideals of some onto others. Ever heard of freedom of religion? This kind of thing pisses me off.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

What? Strippers have to be 6 feet tall. Isn't that discrimination against the vertically challenged?

• crownboy
    crownboy

Yeah, I agree with you Adam.

But who'd have thought that a town like LA had enough people who felt so strongly against lap dancing?

• nilfun
    nilfun

no, no, no xjw...it's the customers who have to be at least six feet. Thus the resulting anger.

• Seven
    Seven

The LA council Visit Smiley Central!is being unreasonable and I think it has little to do with complaints from homeowners near the clubs. It could be clubowners are no longer providing special **discounts** for law enforcement or politicos or they want to do away with private rooms(their latest crusade). Either way someone will pick up the phone and it'll be back to business as usual. The 6' tall rule isn't such a bad idea though. lol

• Adam
    Adam

Business as usual? Not if the law is enforced. If strippers have to be at least 6 feet from the patron at all times, strip clubs will fall left and right. They'll have to provide binoculars and lap dances, a major pull for the clubs, will be gone altogether.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Hmmmmmm......

I guess wives and girlfriends will have to pick up the slack?

I also foresee more business for Alaska Airlines to Las Vegas.

Hey Adam - welcome to the Northwest!

Mak

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit