Governing Body NOT going to heaven!

by BoogerMan 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

The JW Memorial takes place in 5 weeks time, and KH meetings resume on April 1st.

The worldwide campaign for spectators will kick off soon, so here are 3 questions to help JW's see the org's myth that their G.B. is going to be amongst a crowd of 144,001 Melchizedek king/priests in heaven.

1) A ransom only buys back what has been lost, so what exactly did Adam lose?

2) How can Jesus' ransom correspond with what Adam lost, if it buys back far more than what was lost?

3) If Adam is put on one side of the scales of justice and Jesus on the other, but 144,000 immortal king/priests from mankind are added to Jesus' side, how can the scales be honestly balanced?

Jesus said that he came “...to give his life as a ransom in exchange for many” (Matthew 20:28) and "to seek and to save what was lost (Luke 19:10)

The apostle Paul said that Jesus “…gave himself a corresponding ransom for all. (1 Timothy 2:6)

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Dude, way too deep for 99.9% of all JWs. No way they understand any of those things. Remember, if it’s not in the Watchtower, it’s the wrong interpretation.

• vienne
    vienne

Logic flaw here. Witnesses do not teach that the 144K are part of the ransom. So that does not tip the equality scale.

Some Russellite groups do teach that the 144k are part of the ransom. Unscriptural and a bit stupid.

• Marbles
    Marbles

I was going to start a new post, inspired by this post, but instead I'll ask my question here. Wasn't Adam's sin destroyed with the supposed flood? If not, why not? How did everything become so corrupt again, or is the flood story just a cover up for publishing a big lie such as the Garden of Eden myth? Since false prophets can't seem to get this lie out of public circulation maybe they just create new lies in an attempt to abolish the original lie. The Garden of Eden is not a real place, never was, never will be. It could be a utopian ideal, something to aspire to if only in your own back yard, but that's all it really ever can be, I think. Anyways, to answer OPs question, I have to guess what Adam lost was his virginity.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Vienne - Your statement that JW's don't specifically teach that the 144,000 are part of the ransom doesn't alter WHAT they believe nor their BASIS for that belief, namely, that Jesus' death & sacrifice ALONE enabled a "heavenly class" of humans.

If not, JW's would have to explain why Abraham, Moses, Elijah etc.aren't in heaven.

(Luke 22:20) Also, he did the same with the cup after they had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood, which is to be poured out in your behalf.

(John 6:53) So Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves."

Don't forget, it's only the "upper class" HEAVENLY Christians who are invited into this covenant, while the "lower class" EARTHLY Christians will "benefit" from the crumbs falling from the heavenly table.

To reinforce the OP title - scripture PROVES scripture:

(Psalm 45:16) You will appoint them as princes (not kings) in all the earth. (not heaven)

(Revelation 5:10 – K.I.T.) ...and you made them to the God of us kingdom and priests, and they are reigning upon the earth.” (no mention of them being kings, and they're upon the earth – not over it!)

The "heavenly class" is a falsehood and perverts the value of the corresponding ransom.

• waton
    waton

wt [forgotten] position is : By virtue of the ransom, the "anointed" have the right to life on earth (like Jesus, the "second Adam"). Jesus gave up his right to live forever on Earth.

Like Jesus, the "anointed" sacrifice that right too, in order to go to heaven. The real question then is:

If that is so, why are those that do not want to give up that perfect life, not allowed to partake of the ransom emblems too, in the first place? no nibble, no never dying, so,

wt's look only wine passing does not allow "true christians" to even get to first base. out of luck.

• waton
    waton

the other pink elephant in the room is of course, that the wt governing body is of the anointed wt generation* of 1914, that will pass away to heaven at the onset of the great tribulation. even before the attack on the churches, and the end at Armageddon.

That of course will not happen if Jesus is right. He said the generation will pass away after all that has happened, after all. ( most early Christians did indeed survived the destruction of Jerusalem, the first and only fulfillment) so far.

* and btw the original, first century generation did not require an overlap.

so, who will be right, Jesus or wt? and

Jesus said, eat and drink all of you. (all present were not anointed btw)

so, who will be right, Jesus or wt?

clarification asked for.

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

You mean to tell me that the GB are not going to heaven to fight evil Apostates with Kenny Rogers in a cape?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BoogerMan - "Governing Body NOT going to heaven..."

Fuck, no.

In fact, ten bucks says Rutherford and Jaracz are cellmates in Hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit