Questions for JW lurkers

by punkofnice 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Great question Punk.

Of course no JW will touch this with someone else's 10 foot pole because the obvious answer will get everyone DF'd!

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "I'll do some research and get back to you..." :smirk:
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I really do believe that all JW's, lurkers have ''doubts''. Just that spark that has to ignite them, a powder keg of sorts.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Good comments, peoples. Finky...that's an interesting list too. In my Millions Now Living book I put a list of dates the watchtower predicted would be the end. Amazing how many false prophecies there were.
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Finkelstein, thank you for that list. I'm-a copying it now. Might come in handy.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Beth Sarim - If JWs were SOOOOOOO convinced they had the 'truth(tm)', they wouldn't need to lurk here.

Unless they are spying Elders, trying to catch someone out..........or Governing body hitmen, searching for ideas for new light(tm), then I'm sure your average JW senses there's something very wrong with the corporation they've invested their time, money and emotion into.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!!

To sum it up, here is the question:

"Did Jehovah and his holy spirit get things wrong, or were the things taught NOT from God, but just from men?"

They cant have it both ways!

• Zoos
    Zoos

That's easy.

The parts of the magazines that DO NOT result in the need to back pedal, revise, adjust, clarify, or change completely due to to passage of time or a newly published apostate book rendering the position unsustainable, THOSE are the inerrant words from the mouthpiece of Jehovah on Earth?

Everything else is rubbish.

We have all heard current JWs comment on how many adjustments and clarifications there have been lately. If they would just stop and meditate on that phenomenon for a moment and consider all the changes just in the last ten years. Then compare the teachings of God's mouthpiece from 2015 to the mouthpiece of 1925. It's not even the same religion.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Zoos:

Then compare the teachings of God's mouthpiece from 2015 to the mouthpiece of 1925. It's not even the same religion

Great point!

• Splash
    Splash
    Zoos compare the teachings of God's mouthpiece from 2015 to the mouthpiece of 1925. It's not even the same religion.

I recently told an elder that if there are any more doctrinal changes then we'll all need to get baptised again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit