The Truth Brings Not Peace, But A Sword!

by Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu
    Yesu Kristo Bwana Wangu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yLdwe_6JsU

This is a video from a district convention in 2013.

Some disturbing things are being said in this talk.

1.45 ''What does Jehovah want from us when our family member is difellowshipped?''

Matthew 10:34,35 is being read. Jesus said, ''I came to put, not peace, but a sword. For I came to cause division with a man against his father and a daughter against her mother, and a young wife against her mother in law.''

''What does Jehovah want?''

2.30 ''Loyalty, that's what Jehovah wants''

3.20 ''Remember, the wrongdoer changed his relationship with Jehovah and his family.
    It was their actions that affected the family, not ours. If they would have remained faithful, the family would still be intact.''

Shocking how much blame is put here on the one that leaves. It is disgusting how they talk about this. As if it's their fault that the family shuns them!

4.35 ''Respect the arrangement for discipline. Simply put, respect the decision that resulted in our family member being disfellowshipped. This is the best decision for everybody. Disloyalty to Jehovah's arrangement is not going to work.''

''For example, when someone is disfellowshipped one of the reasons they want to come back into Jehovah's organization is to associate with the brothers and sisters in the congregation and likely to associate with their family.''

''So if we associate with them when they are disfellowshipped, we could actually be taking away from them a motivating factor for wanting to be reinstated.''

So, let them wanting to go back because they miss their family and friends! What a great idea...

It is complete manipulation, the only reason someone would want to go back must be for 'going back to Jehovah'. They are misusing family and friends to make people come back.

''Remain loyal to Jehovah!''

For the ones that are shunning the disfellowshipped ones, the loyal ones, this message is been given to them:

5.40 ''Don't play the blame game. Resist self-blame. We may think that we are at fault somehow. Remember that Jehovah holds sinners responsible for their actions.''

''Avoid the ''if only'' games... If only we would have done more in the organization... if only ... if only ... ''

''The disfellowshipped person left Jehovah. They knew the results of their actions.''

''They are the ones that made the wrong choice. Don't blame ourselves.''

This part was so sick. It's not even necessary to comment on this, it is so appaling.

''Do not, never give up!''

8.10 ''We can have mentally the peace of God that excels all thought because we know what we are doing is right.''

Yes, yes, we are right and everybody else is always wrong. We are never to blame, the ones to blame are the ones who leave. Who's fault is it that the family is no longer intact? The fault of the ones who leave the org, not of the ones who remain loyal....

9.00 ''Let's follow Jesus' steps closely.....''

By beginning the talk with Jesus' words and ending with Jesus' words they make it look like as if Jesus would've approved of this. It's disgusting.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I had to sop listening to it. I was starting to get the feeling that I was at the convention and I wanted to get out of my seat to go barf.

• sir82
    sir82

It's telling that they have to keep repeating this tripe over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

It is completely unnatural to shun your own family - without this near-constant reinforcement, human nature would take over and the whole system would collapse.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It would be an honest calculation that the WTS has been directly responsible for breaking up millions of families since its inception as a religious organization, which doesn't exactly support the ideology of Christianity does it ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit