A Kingdom Hall which is NOT up for sale! Any ideas what's going on?

by The Fall Guy 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The KILBIRNIE congregation in Scotland was "relocated" in January 2018 - almost 2 years ago - to the nearest Kingdom Hall a few miles away in Irvine. The reason given by London Bethel was that Kilbirnie KH was "scheduled for a refurbishment." How long does it take to initiate a KH refurbishment, for goodness sake?

It's still lying empty & unused, with no evidence of it being for sale yet.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Who pays for the work ?

• sir82
    sir82

The transition from "RBC" to "LDC" has increased the bureaucratic bungling sevenfold.

You have to get "permission" from the LDC to do anything more extensive than cleaning a toilet or changing a lightbulb.

It's not surprising that projects continue to sit.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Allegedly the org is responsible for funding full refurbs, but in this case the Kilbirnie congregation appears to have been permanently assigned to share the Irvine K.H. - while their own K.H. has been decomposing for 2 years.

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

From what I've seen the LDC seems to work like this. A team, including several permanently employed members, moves into a region for around 5 years. They have houses bought or rented for them. Others are brought in as needed and put up by the local congregations. During the 5 years they do renovations and new builds. My guess is that Kilbirnie will be on a schedule somewhere. It's all a big money making venture of course and has taken ages to get going, but as Watchtower seems to have become a property management company you can be sure they will have plans for every Kingdom Hall.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep, it used to be that the congregations who shared the KH would get together and remodel in a week or two at most. A center of “True Worship” vacant for 2 years is un-f’ing believable!!

The truth is that the “Congregation” is the Body of Christ and the GB are that body, (in their delusional minds) and they run a tax free Real Estate/Property Management company and the Dubs need to STFU and do what they are told.

The GB stole all the KH’s and extra funds and that’s the truth.

DD

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Remember, when they started that LDC or LSD whatever, they likened Gideon's 300 men that were culled from 30,000 men to be just like what Jehovah was going to do with the LSD in using the bare essentials of man power, it was by God's Holy Spirit that things were done now!

Just before I left the wonder association of brotherhoods the kingdom hall that I was attending had an extended remodel because the city inspector wouldn't give an occupancy permit until it was done. We were haphazardly told to go to other halls. Months went by and after a few meetings here and there I figured out that no one was keeping an attendance talley so I just skipped it.

This could be the start of how the GB is trying to shake people off, if you keep things moving enough they will get the idea or get frustrated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit