What is the alternative to JW?

by Formerbrother 475 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I think a perfect alternative is secular humanism and wildlife conservation. What could be more noble or simple or gratifying than those ideals? You can help funnel money into the Watchtower real estate/ publishing corporation OR you could actually do something specific, beneficial and productive to help this planet and your fellow man. What's not to like?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I thought about being a Mormon but the Majic Underwear part of it really freaked me out.

Rub a Dub

• flipper
    flipper

" What is the Alternative to being JW ? "

NOT being a JW

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

"what is the alternative" A GREAT LIFE!!!!!!!

• Gargamel
    Gargamel

How do you know the difference between the wisdom of Jehovah, and the wisdom of Bronze Age humans who wrote about Jehovah?

-

Jehovah told them what to write.

Circular reasoning at its finest.

How do you know that the Bible is true?

Because it says so in the Bible.

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

So what are the top 3 so far?

1. Mormons.

2 New Age mumbo jumbo,

3. Catholics

Any others should be added to the list?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Yeah.

Add logic and reason and stop believing in sky fairies.

You need to do much more reading of outside sources.

But will you?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Jehovah. Jehovah all the way for you Formerbrother. It's settled. Jesus and Stephen Lett love you.

You should scurry back to the KH right now, I hear the elders are really reaching out to those who are reaching out.

Doesn't matter your age, sex or nationality, they will try to put a dick in you and get your money. Enjoy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Gargamel - "Circular reasoning at its finest... How do you know that the Bible is true? Because it says so in the Bible."

Jeezus, even at the age of twelve, I was able to recognize this as a logically flawed argument when I heard it.

(Good thing it stuck with me, too, in retrospect... :smirk:)

• Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Still a lot of wishy washy answers, if not JWs then what other options?

If there is one option nearer the truth what is it?

You cant just say logic or the Bible, or Jesus, OK all these things are good, so if not JWs then which option is nearest to these things?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit