Danish Witnesses New Tactic for NH

by konceptual99 6 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Seems like JWs in Denmark are using a new tactic to reach people not at home - text messages...

http://www.gp.se/nyheter/v%C3%A4rlden/jehovas-vittnens-nya-knep-n%C3%A4r-folk-inte-%C3%B6ppnar-1.4153345

It's in Swedish but translates with Google Translate quite nicely.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I wonder how they get the cell phone numbers?

Anyway, I would have thought that spamming people with texts would have a negative effect......around here at least.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Cool thanks - I had heard about it from the brief article on the inside cover of Ekstra Bladet earlier this week, but didn't think much of it when I was told as it was so brief.

But the original article in BT is much more interesting, so thanks.

BTW - seems like the trend nowadays is to get apartment and house doorbells linked to your cell phone. When someone presses the doorbell - it rings the householder on their cell phone, so you end up talking to them like it was an intercom.

• Mozzie
    Mozzie

I agree, how do they get the numbers,

• steve2
    steve2

Denmark has "enjoyed" having roughly 13,000 to 14,000 active Witnesses since 1984 - more than 32 years with no appreciable growth - or a revolving door of growth and stagnation.

Little wonder they are seeking ways to contact people!

• freddo
    freddo

I know round my way in the UK congregation members will text their calls and count them as RV's and even Bible Studies if there are enough of them (texts).

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Seems like JWs in Denmark are using a new tactic to reach people not at home - text messages...

*WTF Is Wrong With Those People?*

Image result for Man texting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit