New Here

by Grey Goose 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana

Welcome Grey Goose, well done for getting fully awake...it's a hard life for an awake JW to still attend the meetings.

I remember cringing at the stupid nonsense coming from the platform and shaking my head, eventually I had to just get up and walk out during a meeting and never return. It was very satisfying! I was the master of my own destiny.

But the GB make it difficult for you...the only validation for their existence is the number of people believing ...nothing else can give credence to a doomsday cult.

When the attendees do not believe they still count the numbers as if to validate their authority. That's why shunning is a political tool to keep the numbers up. I'm wondering if you can tell us how many you know are in your situation?

I know of a some JWs who attend, like you for family reasons. They don't believe but neither do they communicate together as they don't want to rock the congregation boat. Can you see a possibility of the awake ones rising up and influencing the others?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome Grey Goose. You are in a great situation to fade - no wife or kids.

Your apparently biggest step is going to be stepping down as a Ministerial Servant - but it's not difficult at all! Eventually, the lies you have to tell in your "teaching assignments" will chew up your conscience so badly, that telling the CoBE you're quitting as an M.S. will be easy.

Been there, done it - I just told the two elders that my reasons were private & personal, and refused to say more! Seriously bugged them. :)

You now have to follow your own route. Best wishes.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Welcome.

Take it slowly, and watch how much you reveal about yourself online....and cover your tracks....

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever

@Clambake-Is that all you have? Grow up.

@Smiddy-The GB has told me nothing. I'll doublecheck my email though. And every religion has its issues.

@DJS-I havent been to a meeting in years. I admire your intent but nothing so far said here has moved me to consider changing.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Welcome to the bOrg antidote!
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Welcome to the funny farm.
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

Makemeanunbeliever

Not upset in the least. Not a joke. Very good life. Perfect, no, but whose is?

I feel my life is perfect, thank you very much. If you feel yours isn't and assume that everyone else's isn't either, perhaps ol' Jokehovah's blessings aren't working out so well for ya kid (I refer to all JW zombies as kids due to their childish and selfish beliefs). And if you haven't been to a meeting years, why jump on the merry bOrg wagon and wave its flag?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

You are in a great situation to fade - no wife or kids.

would it be feasible to move to a different congregation ?---then attend rarely--or even less. no more MSing about! that way you will be able to hang on to your conditional friends for a while--till you make real ones.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

I just love the fully awake that are still inside. Me too!

Welcome.

DY

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Welcome Grey Goose!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit