Today in Rotten History

by Marilyn 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

TODAY IN ROTTEN HISTORY
    we live in a slightly mad world

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 24 1997
    Wade Thomas Poyner, a prominent Jehovah's Witness in Woodland, Washington, is arrested for a lewd incident involving a preteen boy. While not charged with that crime, Poyner was charged for a Summer 1991 rape of a 6 year old boy, and is suspected in nine other incidents involving preteen boys. Gotta love them J.W.'s.

-rotten.com

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Marilyn. Welcome to the fold of other sheep

Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• Jang
    Jang

Grrrrrrr ..... another silent lamb .... a lot more actually because these b.......s never stop at one.

JanG

• Kent
    Kent

Could you please give a reference to a newspaper article or something? I do hope for that.

Kent

• Timay777
    Timay777

That 6 year old boy was my brother. My mom knew about it in 1991 and didn’t tell my dad until 1997. My mom covered it up for 6 years because she didn’t want to “Drag Jehovah’s name in the mud.” The Elders told my dad to not to go to the police. My dad went to the police and pressed charges anyway. It made the local news. I know for a fact that Wade molested other boys from 1991-1997. He wrote a list of all the children in the Kingdom Hall he molested. I believe it was 12 total including myself and my brother. Wade is now deceased. He died from a gangrene infection in his leg.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Timay777.......I hope that you and your brother have been able to move on with your lives and find some semblance of peace, happiness and success.All the best to you!

• zeb
    zeb

"Elders told my dad to not to go to the police..."

how many times has this been practiced and yet the bastards deny it..

As sparky has said here, I hope too you are able to find peace happiness and success.

Live long and prosper in wisdom..

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wonder how many other misguided mom`s and dad`s are out their ? not appreciating their silence could very well mean other children will likely be molested ?

I`m sorry for you and your brother and wish you both well.

Take care .

• LV101
    LV101

The more things change the more things stay the same in the horrific cult! I'm so sorry for what you and your brother/family have endured. The cult should pay monetarily (not that it would ever compensate for the pain/suffering, of course) assets to the victims -- I don't care how old they are or how long ago it was. Laws must be changed to protect the innocent in any civilized society.

Ditto "All the best to you!"

• Timay777
    Timay777

I have an update since my last post. The court documents show Wade confessed to molesting 20 different boys. My dad said the number is likely closer to 50 over a period of decades. My dad shared an email with me that I’ve never seen from a local Elder. The Elder told my dad that he knew about Wade Poyner molesting kids since before I was born. The Elders told my dad, “Well we can’t stop you from going to the police.” My dad said he thought, “You’re darn right you can’t stop me.”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit