Looking forward to going to Memorial this year!

by kpop 55 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Looking forward to going to Memorial this year!

I have some tricks to play. I know it may sound childish but I feel that creating havoc and forcing the memorial to be postponed will be the highlight of the night!.....kpop

"It Seemed Like a Good Idea At The Time."

Image result for man in jail cell

• mikeflood
    mikeflood

Don't do 'unsavory business', please.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Don't be THAT apostate. It only makes us all look like douchebags. Let them have their Memorial in peace. You only prove their assertions and make them feel persecuted when you play the part that they would reserve for you as someone that is out.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I can think of two things that if come up, they would absolutely cancel the Memorial, no questions asked. Both of them lead to jail time and a permanent record.

Please vent here, that's what many of us do. Like the others said most individual JW's are really nice people. But the org on the other hand, not so much. I hope all the advice on here has you thinking twice.

• waton
    waton

Do not make that Memorial a night they will remember.

• jayjay78
    jayjay78

why not just respect peoples right to do what they want,where they want..

i have vivid memories as a kid going to the memorial and 'apostates' turning up and trying to disrupt it.

it just reinforced to every witness in attendance to have zero contact with ex-members.

• Farm Girl
    Farm Girl

As long as you're not planning to do something that could physically harm someone, then GO FOR IT!

Sorry posters, taking a public stand against a CULT that destroys families and literally kills people with its no-blood policy is not even remotely similar to interrupting an Easter service at a mainstream church because you don't believe in the trinity.

And please don't fall for the old "aggressive activism will just drive them further into the cult" - that's exactly what the Watchtower wants you to think.

How can JWs possibly be pushed further into their cult when they are already willing to sacrifice their education, their job, their very lives, and even the lives of their children?!

As fellow humans, as victims of corporate exploitation, Jehovah's Witnesses deserve our respect. As for the cult that bears their name and its annual 'special day'- they deserve NONE.

Resistance to entrenched injustice is never polite. If you're not pushing people's buttons, if you're not making someone uncomfortable, then you're not doing it right.

If you believe in your heart that what you are doing is the right thing to do then do it and don't let ANYONE try to convince you otherwise.

Please keep us posted if you go through with your plans (I hope to God you do). I promise to have your back if they try to pile up on you again.

• Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll

Whatcha gonna do? Deliberately spill the wine? Quaff it in a single swig and start singing a sea shanty? Or maybe you are going to convince a dozen or so worldly people to attend and then have them all burst into laughter at the most solemn moment of the ritual.

Don't leave us hanging. My imagination is all afire!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Kpop , you are young but you dont have to be foolish , please think it through. Take notice of the overall advice given by mature people here.and dont do anything you will come to regret.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Farm Girl

As long as you're not planning to do something that could physically harm someone, then GO FOR IT!

Sorry posters, taking a public stand against a CULT that destroys families and literally kills people with its no-blood policy is not even remotely similar to interrupting an Easter service at a mainstream church because you don't believe in the trinity.

And please don't fall for the old "aggressive activism will just drive them further into the cult" - that's exactly what the Watchtower wants you to think.

How can JWs possibly be pushed further into their cult when they are already willing to sacrifice their education, their job, their very lives, and even the lives of their children?!

As fellow humans, as victims of corporate exploitation, Jehovah's Witnesses deserve our respect. As for the cult that bears their name and its annual 'special day'- they deserve NONE.

Resistance to entrenched injustice is never polite. If you're not pushing people's buttons, if you're not making someone uncomfortable, then you're not doing it right.

If you believe in your heart that what you are doing is the right thing to do then do it and don't let ANYONE try to convince you otherwise.

Please keep us posted if you go through with your plans (I hope to God you do). I promise to have your back if they try to pile up on you again.

I couldn't disagree more. This isn't taking a stand.

Point 1: The members of the congregation wont have any idea about the ARC for one thing because they're not allowed to look at it. And for damn sure no elder is going to tell them about it, that's even if the elders know.

Point 2: What the members of the congregation will see is an exJW getting up and disrupting their most holy of evenings. Which is exactly how the org paint exJWs.

Point 3: They dont know they're in a cult.

Point 4: This will be remembered for years to come as "how close we must be to the end because we're being persecuted by Satans world".

If you wish to make a point then take a sip of the wine and a piece of the bread. Many fundamental Christians do when they attend because they genuinely believe they have a heavenly reward.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit