Looking forward to going to Memorial this year!

by kpop 55 Replies latest jw friends

• kpop
    kpop

I have some tricks to play. I know it may sound childish but I feel that creating havoc and forcing the memorial to be postponed will be the highlight of the night! Wish me luck!

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    Whatever you're planning to do, don't get arrested doing it.
  • sir82
    sir82

Playing childish games on people who don't know better is a really poor choice, not to mention interrupting / desecrating something that those same (ignorant) people view as a holy occasion.

You are likely to only reinforce their victim / persecution complex.

There are far better ways to express your displeasure. A life well-led is the best revenge.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

As always, just looking forward to the nice dinner and hangout afterwards.

Same old talk and passing around the wine and awful looking crackers as it's been done since the Org's beginnings.

DY

• NikL
    NikL

Why disrupt them? All it will do is re-enforce their persecution complex as Sir82 pointed out.

The fact you are angry enough to cause disruption shows that you are still carrying a lot of baggage from the Org.

Do yourself a favor and try to let it go and live your life. You will be much happier.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Hey kpop... i say go for it. Dont be a dick, dont do anything violent but I am sure they are still "warmly welcoming" anyone who wants to attend.

Say your piece and get out.

pbrow

• undercover
    undercover

I will not wish you luck. I hope you rethink your idea, and decide to drop the foolishness.

These people, even though we disagree with them, and want no part of their beliefs anymore, have as much right to celebrate their Memorial as any other religion has to celebrate their special, or holy, occasions. Are you going to go around and disrupt Catholics, Mormons, and Presbyterians as well? Freedom of religion works two ways... not having to be forced to believe a certain way, and allowing others to believe as they wish.

Leave em alone

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

sir82: You are likely to only reinforce their victim / persecution complex.

Watchtower 15 July 2011, page 16, paragraph 6

nuff said

• blondie
    blondie

disorderly conduct = they can call the police who will take you away

• Landy
    Landy

Was going to comment but undercover said it perfectly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit