The "Heavenly life of Free Love"

by refiners fire 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I just got handed a book published by a group called the “Children of God” AKA “The Family’. Theyre a bit of a worry I reckon. There was a big kafuffle with the movement here in Oz sometime in the 80s when the government moved on their compounds and removed all the children. The kids were eventually returned to their parents, as I recall, but not before extensive interviews were conducted with them. The government was checking whether there was child molestation taking place.

Theres been a lot of talk circulated about this group that child molestation is a common practise and is even encouraged and practised freely within the group. From what I can see in this book they certainly appear to have a very sexually free inclination at the very least. The book is a collection of their “posters” with lengthy explanations of what the images in the posters ( which they apparently hand out to people they meet while proselytizing) actually mean.

Most of these pictures of life in the paradise have VERY scantily clad women in the pictures and, um, there are a lot of pictures of nude children as well, languishing beside tame lions and contented lambs in the new world paradise. Actually, practically every poster has a couple either kissing passionately, fondling, or laughing while languishing in each others arms on a bed. I got to say a lot of the young people in the drawing look….well, I think its fair to say they look like “jailbait”, barely of the age of consent. It’s a bit creepy really, too bad I cant put pictures up so you can assess for yourselves but id need a scanner for that.

The posters have titles like “Sinless sex” and “The pleasures of Paradise’.

On page 67 under the heading “The Heavenly life of Love” it says:

… “All of the pleasures of this present physical life will be continued into the next life as well! In our new, glorious, wonderful, supernatural bodies we will be able to eat , drink, have fun, sex, love and enjoy all the pleasures…our new incorruptible bodies will be able to enjoy them even more there than we do here…. If you enjoy its pleasures now, think how marvellous their going to be when your body is really super, with more power, more grace, greater thrills and more love than ever…. Yes, mans little private marriages and his system of marriage shall be abolished and we will be free to enjoy each other. We will be like the angels of heaven, who, when they saw the daughters of men were fair, came down and made love with them. And as a result the children were powerful, mighty men’.

Actually, from a reading of the book its clear that they envisage “two classes” in their New World, which bears strinking similarities in appearance to the Dubs New World. There are the “faithful” church members who will be “raptured” , living eternally in physical bodies and dwelling in a 1500 mile square golden pyramid ( the New Jerusalem) and pleasuring themselves endlessly. However these 144,000 kings will be able to fly out of the pyramid any time they feel like it to go and have lunch, rule over, and of course, if desire enters in, engage in sexual encounters with the “lower classes”, those who live outside of the pyramid, upon the face of the restored earth.

The church founder, David Berg, once he was forced into hiding, communicated doctrine to the church by means of letters that have come to be known as the MO Letters. Heres a typical "MO Letter" to the believers:

.."FORGET TRYING TO EXPLAIN IT! QUIT TRYING TO UNDERSTAND IT! STOP TRYING TO DIAGNOSE IT & TAKE IT ALL APART & ANALYSE IT! You're just making hard work out of all the fun! Just turn it on & enjoy it! FLIP OUT & have a BALL with Him! He's your ELECTRICITY! He's what TURNS YOU ON! He's what gives you such a CHARGE!--You don't care WHO He is or WHAT He is or WHERE He came from as long as He keeps LOVING you like this & makes you SO HAPPY & takes such good care of you! AS LONG AS IT WORKS THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS! As long as He makes you FEEL SO GOOD & STAY SO HAPPY, THAT'S what counts. Don't try to figure Him OUT.--Just let Him IN! TRY Him!--You'll LOVE Him! He WORKS!--And that's ALL you need to KNOW!"

The "Mo letters" website:

http://www.kt70.com/~jamesjpn/Mo_letters/db/

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

The Rick Ross Cult Website says, among other things about the “Family”:

"Few prophets, however, were as obsessed with sex as David Berg. "We have a sexy God and a sexy religion with a very sexy leader with an extremely sexy young following," Berg wrote. "So if you don't like sex, you better get out while you can."

And:

“One of the the most detailed examinations of Berg's prophecies and sexual practices is contained in a voluminous 1995 court judgment in a British child custody case. In his conclusion, Lord Justice Alan Ward wrote that, at least until 1986, there was widespread child-to-child sex and sexual abuse of minors by adult members of the Children of God. "I am completely satisfied that he was obsessed with sex and that he became a perverted man who recklessly corrupted his flock," Ward wrote. Citing the prophet's explicit writings depicting young children as "sexual beings," the judge ruled that Berg "bears responsibility for propagating the doctrine which so grievously misled his flock and injured the children within it."

The official position is that Child sex no longer is practised, however:

“Leaders of the Family say that they no longer practice "flirty fishing," although their official policy statement on "law of love" still sings the praises of "sexual sharing" among consenting married and single members. "This ensures that everyone's sexual needs are being provided for in a clean, healthy, safe and loving environment," it states. "Members can partake in such sexual sharing to bring greater unity or additional pleasure and variety into their lives."

The word I hear though is that it still goes on. All very hush hush. I have this on first hand information.

• blackout
    blackout

Off topic comment

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Well at least I got a reply.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey RF,

You got my curiousity up and I did a little re-search on the Group. They pretty much sugarcoat themselves well, as do other religious groups, in their own explanation of themselves. Notice below what their webpage says concerning children.

(oh by the way.......it's nice to see a thread with a little depth other than all the fluff that now permeates here.)

Children and Their Care :
    We believe that children are a wonderful gift of God with which He blesses and entrusts us, for "Lo, children are an heritage from the Lord; and the fruit of the womb is His reward" (Psalm 127:3). Therefore, it is our conviction that the physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual needs of children should be amply and competently met. We consider the care of the little ones God has given us to be a primary responsibility and a fundamental component of our daily lives and service to God, for which reason all members of our communities are encouraged to do their utmost to ensure that their children are reared in as healthy, loving, secure and godly an environment as is possible.

We believe that the training children receive in their early formative years will guide them all through life; that if we "train up a child in the way he should go, when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6).

Gumby

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Gumby. If "child to child" sex was a practise of doctrine in 1986, I think it very unlikely that its been stopped dead. It must still be going on, just like Mormon polygamy continues on. You should check out some of those "mo letters". The guy is a full on pervert - creep.

• sens
    sens

Yer RF...I seen a doco about them ....the guy who started it was a complete freak

• gumby
    gumby

Seems like sex freaks many times go hand in hand with many cult groups. Think of the many "single" man cult groups, ...( one based on a single man heirarchy system), .....and see how many had sex with all whom they chose.

I guess we were lucky none of us look like ol' Charlie Russell!

*come to think of it.....RF's pic looks a little like ol' Charlie*

Gumby

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

JWism, all sexed up. Too weird! LOL

I think the WT publications use sex as a come on, but in more subtler ways. How often does a beautiful Caucasian woman appear on the cover of a WT or Awake, or in an illustration or photo inside?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

These people sound like the manson family revised. ew.

Of course they are still practicing perversion with children. They won't stop either.

that if we "train up a child in the way he should go, when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit