Mind Numbing

by FedUpJW 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    Received another email forward. The doom-n-gloomers are SOOO loving. Sending out Cc: bulk emails with cut and paste government programs to "lovingly" help the "friends". Thank goodness that god has the internet to find information provided by the Devil's government and then inspire the branch to send it out. Heaven help them if they were ever to decide to actually DO SOMETHING in a personal way!
    Dear Friends,
    Please find attached a listing of government resources and programs that cover a wide variety of needs resulting from the COVID-19 virus.
    Once again we can feel Jehovah's loving support for His people during these difficult times. Jehovah is interested in each one of us. We bring Him much happiness by the way we look after our families and our congregation.
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

So for years we've been donating for "worldwide work" and various relief programs, but when their flock is in need they point at the government. Where is the Witness call for groups of doctors and nurses and other highly educated ones to start volunteering?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FEDUPJW:

All this sounds like is:..’Don’t look to us for assistance people! Go elsewhere for help!’

Is anybody on the forum surprised by this or have any illusions? Would anybody believe that any of the monies funneled to them would ever be distributed to people in need?? I have long said that the Witness religion helps No One.

Now, in a disaster, it is plainly apparent. Question is:..will this wake any JWs up?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

@LHG

My thoughts exactly. They are throwing the "sheep" under the bus again. It should come as no surprise to anyone. I do have doubts that JW's will wake up. If anything it seems they are getting even more radical about this being "the end" and circling the wagons.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Yep, as long as the sheeples don't look to WT for help. Gotta keep the cash in Watchtowers account (in the Caymans). Go ask "Satan's system" for assistance! Classic Watchtower! WAKE UP JW'S!!!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife had been inactive for close to two years but the congregation has definitely gotten her to at least listen to the meetings with the doom and gloom. She won’t outright say it but she sure eludes to this being the beginning of the end.

Was interesting a couple of weeks ago she was talking about how Sylvia Browne was taken over by spirits or something like that due to her prediction of the pandemic but when she touted the prediction from Awake and I asked why that was different from Ms. Browne she had no answer.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

... We bring Him much happiness by the way we look after
    our families and our congregation.

This has never been the interest of Jehovah. Not a single JW is interested in family members who are no longer JW. The simplest basic human rights, which are valid worldwide, are being trampled underfoot.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They hate the government so much, yet they depend on it for help. They give so much to the washtowel instead of self-helping. Couldn't they have used the funds instead to stock up?

This is why so many are in need. Back in late 2019, your $20 donation could have bought you a silver Eagle, or a small handful of silver coins (where today, despite much lower spot prices, there is a severe shortage and high premiums on such). The amount of gas you wasted in field circus in December 2019 or January 2020 could have bought some basic groceries. Back then, a 20 pound bag of rice would cost you around $12, without purchase limits. You could get a 40 ounce/1.2 kg container of peanut butter for under $6--store brands, which are usually as good, are well under that. You could have bought 24 cans of store brand vegetables for around $20 (or less), with no purchase limits, back in December 2019 instead of donating that money. A "family pack" of canned chicken or tuna was affordable--two packs instead of throwing the money away. One suit dry cleaning could have bought you 10 cans of store brand pineapple (the big cans, not those tiny cans), again with no purchase limits.

If they had been a bit farther ahead, they could have bought some basic tools instead of giving money to this worthless cause. The basic screwdrivers I recommended cost less than one suit dry cleaning, and even a simple adjustable wrench (and I mean quality items, not the cheap Chinese junk at walmart) would have been about what they waste on gas for a week of field circus. I could buy a complete set of basic tools, again top quality tools, for about what they wasted going to the Grand Boasting Session in 2019 (this includes the 4 most common screwdriver sizes, a pair of Channel-Lock pliers, a pair of locking pliers, an adjustable wrench, and a hammer).

Or, they could have a blackout kit ready. How much does it cost to get a decent battery charger, a supply of NiMH batteries, and the flashlights or lanterns for this? With the money they wasted donating toward one of these a$$emblies, they could have had a name-brand 4 bay NiMH battery charger, 6 D batteries (low self-discharge NiMH), 16 AA NiMH batteries, 16 AAA NiMH batteries, one lantern that uses D cells, one headlamp that uses AAA batteries, and the Fenix LD22 that uses AA batteries. Is that better than relying on the government for help?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

At WTS cash flow only flows ONE WAY.

Dollar sign - large -ONE WAY arrow right Sign - 12 X 36

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

WTWIZARD:

A post on Reddit tells how the CO instructed elders to give out inventory sheets to each of the publishers!

Just think!.. If you were still in the JW religion they would want YOU to make an inventory of all YOUR cabinets and itemize all YOUR non-perishable food items and other provisions, cleaning items and meds (OTC?) and submit it to THEM. They also want it updated every Friday. They supposedly want to determine who is needy and who has a ‘SURPLUS’.

Some JW would then determine that YOU have a ‘surplus’ and that you should give it away. (Doesn’t that make you feel good?).....Imagine the colossal nerve of these bastards?

I almost wish the JWs would call on me so I could tell them off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit