Coming to the Dark Side

by Vita Nuova 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Vita Nuova
    Vita Nuova

I believe with certainty that the critical point when my de-programming from the JW mind-set began was when I was hired by my former boss and present friend of 9 years. She was the most adorably human person I had ever met, yet she was a part of the “world” nonetheless. I believe that our specific friendship began to infiltrate my conceptions about the “world” in a way that wasn’t wholly evident to me. Over the years, her unwitting “bad association” weakened those Watchtower barriers and without my acknowledging it the walls of Jericho had soon come crumbling and tumbling down. This kind of counter-example, I believe, was the best thing for me, really. My natural appreciation for God's creation of a magnificently-faceted humanity could not have been a bigger strength than it was my "weakness." Was nanyone else called to the "Dark Side" by a friend?

Vita Nuova

• Special K
    Special K

It's interesting that for me too.

I have met the "Brightest People on the Darkest side".... I'm glad to be out and here.

Welcome to you and I shall follow your topic to see how responses go.

sincerely

special k

• kls
    kls

She might have been a bad association but i think you knew it all the long that something was wrong with the jws.All it took was a little push and your mind opened.Welcome to having your own mind. KLS

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

My guide to the other side turned out to be the most amazing, funny, smart, bighearted individual I have ever known. I fell in love with him, and miracle of miracles, he fell for me, the dowdy sister! It's meant the loss of some (but not all) of my old JW friends, but it's been worth it! What amazed me the most was that he is not, nor did I become, evil people because we don't go to meetings or bang on people's doors on Saturday morning. We try to lead good lives, and I feel that God still loves us.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

WELCOME INSOMNIAC!!!!!!!!

Regarding the thread topic, I always had good friends at work, I just tried not to think about them getting killed at 'geddon but eventually I started thinking about how stupid JW 'geddon is. Just a big fear thing to hang over people's heads like hellfire, to keep 'em in line.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit