Double standard exposed, probably

by jelly 9 Replies latest jw friends

• jelly
    jelly

CRAKCERS!!!!
    It will be interesting to see how this develops. My viewpoint is that California is quite simply the most segregated state in the union. Some universities have separate graduation ceremonies for African-American, and Latino students. My university has numerous clubs for only AA, Latino, or Pilipino groups. My take is because of the double standard of society this girl will not get her group, interesting at least to me.

Some points to remember: She is not starting a racist group. Although Mecha is allowed on high school campuses and does have racial overtones.
    Terry

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

What's a crakcer?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

SP... a "cracker" is a Caucasian person.

And honestly, if schools are going to have African-American clubs, and Latino clubs, and Asian-American clubs, what rational basis is there for forbidding a Caucasian club?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I asked what a "crakcer" was.

I also agree that the kids should get their White club.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Some universities have separate graduation ceremonies for African-American, and Latino students.

Why?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    I asked what a "crakcer" was

LOL D'oh! Sorry.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Any group that is sponsered, in any way, by the school should not be segregated. This sort of thing simply takes us back to old days of southern segregation. Now if the young lady does not get her "white club" we may have some rather interesting legal wrangling.

As far as MECHA is concerned, they are evidently trying to return the entire southwestern US to Mexico. Since I live in Texas there will be one hell of a fight before that happens as I have no desire to live under the Mexican political system. Now before anyone starts throwing around the bigotry word, my wife and children are descended from a fellow who came across the Rio Grande River from mexico.

• berylblue
    berylblue

I agree. They should get their club.

• jelly
    jelly

Prisca,

Because California is quite simply insane. In the late 80's and 90's everyone hung out together. Now when I look around college too many people stick to their own little racial group. I think its mindless.

Shutterbug,

I agree that there should be no groups based on color. But if there is going to be goups based on color than every group should be allowed.

However, I willing to bet money she does not get her 'white club'. The NAACP is against it and the school administrators will cave.

Terry

• jelly
    jelly

Craker = Cracker

oops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit