Interesting day yesterday

by LisaRose 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have started walking every morning for twenty or thirty minutes. So yesterday I had to work and almost didn't go, but decided to get in a quick ten minute walk. I don't usually take my phone, but decided to take it, and I was so glad I did because a block from my house I came upon an older Chinese man face down on the sidewalk and bleeding profusely from his mouth/face. It was kind of unreal, at first I thought it might be a Halloween decoration, our neighborhood goes all out for decorations, but it was real.

He was quite dazed, and didn't speak English, but he nodded when I asked if he wanted me to call 911. While we were waiting for the paramedics he was able to tell me a phone number and I held the phone so he could talk to his family. They got there shortly after the paramedics and so could translate. Apparently he tripped and fell, hurting his hands and face. They thought he was going to be OK, but advised him to go to the hospital.

I will never go on a walk without my phone again, you just never know what could happen, next time it could be me on the ground.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Dang! Glad he was gonna be okay.
  • Splash
    Splash

Well done for being a good citizen.

I had a Chinese friend who could never get a date. Turns out she had Ed Zachary disease.
    Her face looked Ed Zachary like her backside.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback
    Very good deed, Lisa, and thanks for the cell phone tip.
  • under the radar
    under the radar
    Very good, LisaRose!
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Thanks for comforting and helping a fellow human. Very kind.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    I thought you were gonna say that you saw some JW's step over him on their way to Paradise or something. But, glad you helped him out!!!
  • brandnew
    brandnew

😂😂😂😂😂😂 omigosh ed zachary....like....exactly.....pbbbbssssttt

Bwahahahahhahah !!!!!!!!!!splash !!!!!!!yeeeeaaahhh!!!!!

Good job lisa 🌹

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

And remember that no good deed ever goes unpunished.

SL

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    Great job LisaRose

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit