Take My Hand and Lift My Heart

by compound complex 8 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

As I journey through life, I take a path not traveled by others, or so it would seem.

I reach out, sometimes in tears, more often with hope, that another sole wanderer

Will come along with me and share the journey leading to better times and places.

It is as if, however, no one hears the murmurings of a heart wishing company,

One with whom to share in Nature's wonders, to delight in what she has wrought.

I continue to meander through life's lanes untrammeled, knowing that soon you'll

Sense my unseen but real presence and happily take my hand and lift my heart.

• MissFit
    MissFit

Beautiful fellow traveler.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, MissFit!

• LV101
    LV101

Beautiful, indeed, Coco. I'm sure many hands are extended out there in this jeweled planet of ours -- your heart will be so lifted you see the curvature of the earth!

Thanks for sharing.

• compound complex
    compound complex

[ . . . ] your heart will be so lifted you see the curvature of the earth! -- LV101

Beautifully expressed!

Thank you.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

CoCo

Does`nt that prose just sum up this forum to a tee ? Well that`s what i got out of it anyway.

And in that sense I loved it .

Beautifully expressed

• MissFit
    MissFit

I agree smiddy.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Does`nt that prose just sum up this forum to a tee ? Well that`s what i got out of it anyway. -- smiddy

Well, smiddy, I guess it can do just that!

The cool thing about expressing our thoughts is that we never know how exactly the words will affect the listener or reader, triggering a memory, creating a mood, showing a situation in an entirely different light, etc.

My original idea was borne of something I wrote a while back on unrequited love. Both individuals suffer: the one who loves but is not loved back in the way one wishes and the recipient of unwanted attention, who feels guilty. So then, "I want to be your friend and enjoy the beauties of life together, but I can't be more than a good friend."

There are tears and heartache in life and love.

• MissFit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit