Where were the Angels ?

by Phizzy 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I do not wish to trivialize or minimize the horrific murder of a JW lady in Finland as she handed out mags etc from her cart in Finland, but do you remember the stories we used to hear of Angels protecting JW's in their "preaching" work ?

Where were the Angels when this lady needed them ? watching from heaven ?

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

If a pioneer in desperate needs find $ 100 on the street it was a loving provision from J.

but an incident like above, well time and unforeseen occurance...

somebody got his priorities wrong I guess

• Confusedalot
    Confusedalot

Every good experience is attributed to GB and Jehovah, while all the bad ones are attributed to unforeseen occurrences (as mentioned above), or on the weakness or fault of the individual. Therein lies the power of the system the GB has established.

Their claims are unfalsifiable, and that is how they avoid responsibility for everything.

• tiki
    tiki

Apparently they are quite selective for reasons unbeknownst to us. Case in point that gentleman who found the source of the leak...... My thought is that positioning yourself in a public place brings with it certain negative factors and possibilities. Time and unforseen occurrence.....

• zeb
    zeb

or the b & s in a bus that went off a cliff in the Bahamas killing them.

These things happen. But, the gb has made policy blunders by saying angels protect etc.

What of the victims of violence and sexual abuse that prayed for angels to protect them from their lunatic elder fathers; but the angels didn't protect them.

• Half banana
    Half banana

You're right Zeb, the mistake is on the part of the GB fostering the idea that angels or God's magic spirit are behind events. It is their job to deceive the sheep--that is how a cult works.

Angels and spirits are little conceits to calm the minds of religious people who are stuck at the nursery stage of intellectual development.

When I became a JW two local pioneers were mowed down by a car and killed on their bikes while out in service, so I learned the point early.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit